Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This term is used for events when a Tux and full Black Tie apparel are not required but it is expected that you will come as close as possible to it.Since I dont want to wait for Walther and the Covid delays around their Q5 Black tie, I decided to come as close as I could and I am pleased with the results. This was a Q5 match and I added the Magwell Wich I might add was a tight fit which I was happy about.

ZR Tactical Guide Rod and Wilson 15 Pound spring for now. I have 13 pound also I I decide to opt for it.

Overwatch Trigger with red spring installed. Pulls with 3.4 pound break but I may do the set screw install to get rid of some first stage travel. It is a sweet trigger as is. Loc thin grips for my short pudgy fingers.

Had the sharp edge on the beaver tail smoothed prior to coating, Fells much better.

I am ordering the Optic plate for my Trijicon RMR tomorrow. Colors are Satin Aluminum and Socom Blue. Done in Leitchfield KY and I must say it is a stunner. Will be posting second series of what are my Magazine Grade PIX. (well maybe).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just took delivery of a Q5 Match SF. I've only fired 50 rds through it but it seems to be a great shooter.

My only complaint is the trigger. Mine was gritty in the first stage and had creep before the break. I did field strip the pistol and found that the top of the transfer bar was very rough. The trigger components are cheap stamped steel with very rough edges. I would have thought that for $1,400 they could have at least polished the bearing surfaces of the trigger mechanism...but they didn't. It's got a pretty blue plastic trigger but that doesn't seem to help functionality. A little work with a stone and a polishing wheel and it's much better but still not great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feel like at a black tie optional event you'd want to be as courteous to other guests as possible and run a suppressor.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
@Wiking
I agree with you, sir. For $1,400, the trigger should be as sweet and smooth as...well...should be sweet and very smooth.
I don't disagree. I have a Q5 SF. The trigger has smoothed up with use. Still, its underwhelming.

Hopefully this will be addressed with the perpetually soon to be released Walther "Dynamic" trigger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can only speak to the overwatch trigger as installed in mine with red spring. No grit, smooth first stage take up. Under 3.5 lb crisp break. Limited overtravel and super short reset. I am most used to 1911 high quality triggers and I had absolutely NO problem with acclamation to this trigger. 8ft Mozambique drills under 1 second. 25ft modified Mozambiques, 4 shot two targets under 1.5 seconds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts