Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P99 40 cal has some shiney spots on the barrel around the chamber where it says Walther and has the seriel number also right behind the Walther sign on the slidesome black is comming off. This is a 03 model with around 300 rounds thru it, is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sure, it's normal. The black finish is comming off but, assuming yours has the tefner finish, it's still protected.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just seems like it would last a little longer, dont even have the trigger broke in yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you are shooting it it is normal.on my HK USP 45 the slides spring wore into the frame and slightly exposed the plate for the serial number.things like this happen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guess ill just put some black market on it to make it look good again

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black marker

·
Registered
8 Posts
any finish wear on any aluminum slide or surface can be fixed with aluminum black you can get from any gunstore some walmarts carry it it is in a blue bottle dab some on a cotton ball and rub the scratch for about 30 secs repeat as nessercarry it woks it works it works

·
Registered
821 Posts
You shouldn't worry about a little wear on the chamber. It is perfectly normal, and this will happen to nearly any pistol. Gives her character!!! Just look at is as an indicator that you're using it, and it is healthy and happy being shot. Also, now you know where it should be lubricated, right!?

-stunks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i rubbed a little gun slick on those areas. Thank you

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sd307 @ Aug. 07 2005,15:20)]any finish wear on any aluminum slide or surface can be fixed with aluminum black you can get from any gunstore some walmarts carry it it is in a blue bottle  dab some on a cotton ball and rub the scratch for about 30 secs repeat as nessercarry it woks it works it works
I'm glad the P99 isn't made out of aluminum.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doing some research i saw where they do make a marker just for this, it comes in gloss or flat black, cost a little over 5.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts