Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
I think they're overpriced. If Laugo can get the MSRP below $1,500 then I might be interested. Until then I'll pass.

I like your green one.

Registered
They look like very well made pistols, but I鈥檓 just not moved. It鈥檚 like ordering the chrome package on a motorcycle. I guess I鈥檓 stuck being a fan of more classic looking pistols: Hi Power, 1935A, P210, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they're overpriced. If Laugo can get the MSRP below $1,500 then I might be interested. Until then I'll pass.

I like your green one.
Nope

Laugo sells out every one they build and Lancer sells out every one they import in short order. They sell for much more than MSRP on Gunbroker. I had a Signature model that I more than doubled my money on. If anything, it鈥檚 the opposite.

They may not be worth it to you, but they certainly aren鈥檛 overpriced on the market.

As for the folks waiting for Laugo to build a cheap model, well, you鈥檒l be waiting a long, long time. Build quality is a match for some of my 2011鈥檚 that cost more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look like very well made pistols, but I鈥檓 just not moved. It鈥檚 like ordering the chrome package on a motorcycle. I guess I鈥檓 stuck being a fan of more classic looking pistols: Hi Power, 1935A, P210, etc.
I have multiples of all those. I like them also.

The Alien is just something different is all. It also shoots as well as any P210 I own, even my 6鈥 Super Target.

Administrator
I have multiples of all those. I like them also.

The Alien is just something different is all. It also shoots as well as any P210 I own, even my 6鈥 Super Target.
Do you find it to be as accurate as the P210s?

I agree that it's an interesting and innovative pistol but I thought that was mostly about recoil management.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you find it to be as accurate as the P210s?

I agree that it's an interesting and innovative pistol but I thought that was mostly about recoil management.
It has a fixed barrel of nearly 5". Its very accurate. Not saying it will match a P210 from a ransom rest at 50 meters, but its no slouch.

I definitely prefer the ergonomics of the Alien over the P210 as well. Both are top notch pistols that are quite a bit different.

Recoil is still there. The Alien is all about reduced muzzle flip. It has the least muzzle flip of any of my semi autos.

Administrator
Wait for them to increase?

鈥ause they aren鈥檛 moving any other way but up, unfortunately.
My understanding is the Alien is close to hand built these days.

I give them kudos for bringing something truly innovative to the market.

I keep expecting some company like Ruger to clone the design, mass produce it and bring it to market for about $600.

Of course the $600 version would be rough around the edges but it would be much more accessible for most people.

Administrator
It has a fixed barrel of nearly 5". Its very accurate. Not saying it will match a P210 from a ransom rest at 50 meters, but its no slouch.

I definitely prefer the ergonomics of the Alien over the P210 as well. Both are top notch pistols that are quite a bit different.

Recoil is still there. The Alien is all about reduced muzzle flip. It has the least muzzle flip of any of my semi autos.
What's the trigger like on the Alien? How would you describe it?

Registered
Wait for them to increase?

鈥ause they aren鈥檛 moving any other way but up, unfortunately.

LOL. Hopefully prices won't go even higher. I thought these were relatively new. What's the average pricing on these? Online I saw $1750 for one or $3500 to pre-order the signature edition (includes optics slide I guess?)

$1750 actually seems a bit reasonable when I consider what I paid for my P220 10mm. Of course when I bought my P220 that platform had been around longer than I've been alive so I felt like I was buying a pretty known quantity.

How long have these Aliens been out? I'm sure they're amazing but... well... I'd like to just wait and see a bit longer. Hopefully that doesn't cost me too much :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL. Hopefully prices won't go even higher. I thought these were relatively new. What's the average pricing on these? Online I saw $1750 for one or $3500 to pre-order the signature edition (includes optics slide I guess?)

$1750 actually seems a bit reasonable when I consider what I paid for my P220 10mm. Of course when I bought my P220 that platform had been around longer than I've been alive so I felt like I was buying a pretty known quantity.

How long have these Aliens been out? I'm sure they're amazing but... well... I'd like to just wait and see a bit longer. Hopefully that doesn't cost me too much :)
The cheapest model was $4000 last year.

This year it鈥檚 $4200

Premium Member
The cheapest model was $4000 last year.

This year it鈥檚 $4200
My Colt Gold Cup Trophy is the most accurate 9mm pistol that I own and cost me about $1,200 new. If I was shooting it side by side against an Alien would I notice a difference in accuracy at say, fifty feet?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Colt Gold Cup Trophy is the most accurate 9mm pistol that I own and cost me about $1,200 new. If I was shooting it side by side against an Alien would I notice a difference in accuracy at say, fifty feet?
Not sure. I don鈥檛 own any Colt 1911鈥檚.

I shoot it better than my 9mm Wilsons and Ed Browns in 9mm

Administrator
There are at least two ways to look at accuracy. There is how well the pistol will shoot from a Ransom rest and there is how well you can shoot it.

I'd expect the Alien to shoot well from a Ransom rest given it's fixed barrel design and price (I'm assuming the barrel is of high quality).

The real magic of the Alien though is the way muzzle flip is mitigated and the fact that the sights or dot do not move with the slide.

The thing is made to be shot fast.

Certainly for people shooting with really good technique, the design should allow for faster splits as the muzzle rise is so minimal.

The fact that the dot doesn't move with the slide "should" allow the shooter to pick up the sight just a little faster.

All in all, it has a very compelling set of characteristics, particularly for a competition gun.

I'm curious if the design will lend itself to being used as the basis for a service pistol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What kind of difference in group size is there between the Alien and the Wilson's/Ed Brown's?
Not sure. I never measured them. Its really not about group size unless a ransom rest is used.
'
I just know its easier to group and shoot consistently due to its super low bore axis and awesome ergonomics. Follow up shots are also faster due to minimal muzzle rise.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts