Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed questions a few times regarding this "beavertail bite" issue. I thought it might be handy to new users who experience this, and who haven't read the other replies, if they had an easy solution. So I made a video to explain how I took care of it on my PPK. Mine actually made my hand bleed the first time I took it to the range, so I felt I needed to do something to fix that issue. Since doing this, I haven't had the issue recur. It solved the problem.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed

Hey, Jack.

Sorry about that. I was closing that channel down and I had privated all the videos. It's public now, so you can watch it if you'd like to. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It says the video is no longer available. Any way to re-upload or describe what you did? I have tried different ways of holding it to no avail.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will be shooting my new S&W PPK probably tomorrow and it will be interesting to see what happens. Mine has plastic wrap-around grips. From watching your vid the key seems to be maintaining a firm grip, which is what I do when shooting. Mine is a blued gun so, the sand-paper would be off the table.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did go to the range late on Monday.

The left corner of the beaver tail did knock my thumb knuckle around whenever my grip was not just right. With a good grip I do not think it is an issue.

Hey, this might lead to a new product, a PPK Beaver Tail cushion. :D

I'll post a more detailed Topic of my first shooting experience with the PPK probably some time this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts