Walther Forums banner

Bicycle inner tube

6K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  wbrian 
#1 ·
Recently put some bike inner tube on my pps.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
How much did you cut? Inches? Was their a specific size or just a “normal” tube?? I thinking of doing the same thing.
It’s funny cause I actually bought a 1” tube on accident. I usually buy standard width. It was a bear to get on, but it’s super snug and totally makes gripping it with the 6 shot mag more manageable for me. I wear xl gloves.

I bought rubber talon grips, but I think the inner tube is a winner.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CRaSaAmZN5Zpp7Uh7

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pic!! Perfect. How much did you cut (inches)?? Thanks.
I usually just eyeball it. I also cut one end at a slight angle so that it covers up more of the back strap. It was a bugger to get on. You might try soap as a lubricant, but then your fingers will get slippery. Baby powder would probably work too.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Or you can save yourself all the time and hassle and buy a grip sleeve intended for that purpose.

Let's do some math:
* $5.99 for the cheapest bike inner tube I can find on Walmart.com
* Cost of gas to go to Walmart
* Cost of gas to come back from Walmart
* Value of time spent going to/from Walmart as well as shopping there

Now, if one values one's time at (a very conservative) $15/hr … which is the so-called 'new' minimum wage that's been popping up around the country … and one spends (a very conservative) 3/4 hour going to/from Walmart as well as shopping in it and checking out of it … and one also uses (another very conservative) 1 gallon of gasoline at today's AAA national average cost of $2.318/gal, then one will have spent:
$5.99+(0.75*$15)+$2.318=$19.558

I believe the Hogue Handall and Limbsaver grip sleeves … cost less. (The Hogue runs around 8 bucks. The Limbsavers run closer to $15.) There are other options, of course, but I think you get the idea.
Only problem with your math is that you didn’t factor in the number of model neutral homemade bike inner tube sleeves you can make from one tube. Depending on the size tube you procure of course. For example, if you have a 28” tube, figure you’ll lose 2” due to the stem, 26” divided by the length of tube you need for each gun.....that’s a lot of sleeves.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
The tube was sub $5. I live in a super bike friendly college town in Colorado. Bike shops give me free tubes when I ask nicely.

Amazon probably has them for even less and you don’t have to get off the couch to buy from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.