Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.  This is my first post here.  I recently purchased a P99 in .40SW for concealed carry/range practice.  My question is in regards to a holster for the weapon.  I’ve already ordered a Fobus paddle holster for concealed carry.  Too late I read some disparaging remarks about the Fobus, but since I’ve already ordered it off Gunbroker, I guess I’ll just have to wait and form my own opinion about it now.  But I want a military style holster for range practice, i.e. padded nylon/canvas, hip located, etc.  Will the Bianchi Universal Military holster, UM84/M12 work with the P99?  I figured somebody out there has tried it.  Is there a more favorable holster, similar to the P1 Military camo holster and the Bianchi M12?  Thanks in advance for any replies.  I love this forum already, being a long time Walther fan.  I own a Mouser byf42 P.38, and previously owned a 60’s era Walther PP police pistol.  I’m really enjoying Walthers’ P99.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have the U84 and it works well for the P99. I use it when my club has military style shoots.

I would suggest a good inside the waist band holster for both concealed carry and range use. I prefer Milt Sparks holsters, but there are plenty of other good holsters out there. The U84 would be too slow for any kind of IDPA use or general defensive shooting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Regarding the Fobus- I'm not a fan of them, but you can spray the inside of the holster with Remsoil containing Teflon Lubricant. It should make the draw easier. Be prepared for a very tight holster when you get the Fobus.

-If you insist on getting a polymer holster, you might want to check out Predator Holsters. I have been favorably impressed with them. (I like them more than Blade-Tech or Sidearmor.) One of their neat features is that you can adjust the retention level with an allen wrench. You can get them with a no cant, a rearward cant, or forward cant depending on your preference. They're excellent for range use or IDPA matches.

http://www.predator-holsters.com/

Good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
The predator SO2 kydex holster looks good, does it cover and enclose the entire trigger guard? Is the material used as thin as the Fist kydex holster?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do not have direct experience with the SO2, but I believe it does cover the triggerguard's sides completely. The bottom of the triggerguard is exposed. It's flush with the opening. If you look at the belt slide holster, it'll give you the general idea.

-I don't know how it compares to Fist Kydex since I've never used a product from the Fist line. The Predator holsters are sturdy, but not clunky. Their Kydex's "thickness" is about 3mm.

You might want to contact Predator or one of their distributors regarding the SO2. Glockmeister.com's people filled my order for the Walther P99 model OWB (with forward cant). Their helpline is good and they're familiar with their product line. I think they've been carrying that holster line back when the company was known as Arizona Tactical Holsters (roughly ten years ago). -Since they're not very familiar with the P99, ask them how it works for the Glock because it will work the same way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info and replies. I've seen pic's of P99's with a nice looking leather Bianchi. Anyone know anything about that one? Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts