Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like your help. What shooting tip(s), exercise(s), concept(s) have been the most helpful to you? I'm compiling an article from your input that will be available free when I'm done. I admit it's an experiment of sorts because I don't know what you will contribute.

I started to write an article myself trying to pull together what I'd learned from Jeff Cooper, Ross Seyfried, Chip McCormick in person and from watching Rob Leatham, Brian Enos, Doug Keonig, Todd Jarrett, etc. I was going to compare the earlier training with recent developments.

I realized that while I have a lot of shooting experience in competition from years ago, I'm just not current, and I don't shoot very often anymore.

I'll bet you all have a lot to contribute. When it's done, I'll make it available online for free. We'll just have to see how it turns out, but I'm betting that you all will make it interesting, valuable and worth reading.

So, if you're willing, let me know what you learned, where you learned it, who said so, what it did for your shooting skill and if there's a link we can post for everyone else to find it.

I thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This is one area that I would like to see developed on the forum, we have plenty of shooter but very little in the way of shooting tips and training...you have given a rather broad range for suggestions, tips, exercises and concepts. I suggest you pick one area, provide your insight and invite others to chime in...There are a few on this board that have some really experience. Sniper350 is one. I shoot competition and aside from my own personal reading and views of vids, I have no really training....my first and only suggestion at this point would be to focus on muscle memory exercises...from my experience with the military and martial arts...repetition is the key to function while under stress. For this reason I own and only shoot my P99 on a continual basis...I own and shoot other firearms but more for pleasure than protection. I suggest that any shoot obtain one type of holster, mag pouches, pistol and placement of such items and stick with it. Practice and train with the same items in the same location because when the SHTF and the adrenaline dump kicks in, initially it will not be you knowledge but repetitive training that kicks in?

How about providing a good bibliography of must have books or vids on pistol shooting and training?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts