Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question on the Cz forum and Posting it here also for anyone who has both. Which is the better weapon for any and all handgun scenario one might encounter and why? Walther PPQ NAVY or the newest gen CZ P-10 C optics ready? Both with Trijicon HD Night Sights. I have several of both and have my opinions that Ill share later after hearing your thoughts. Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Which is the better weapon for any and all handgun scenario one might encounter and why?
I've shot the P10C, and I have quite a few rounds through a standard 4" PPQ.

Given that whatever example of either that you have in your hands is reliable, accurate, and durable, I'd say the answer to the question is whichever one you shoot better with.

As far as scenarios, you're comparing one pistol that was designed to be used in maritime environments, with another pistol that was designed to be used with red dot sights. I can imagine some scenarios where one would be desired over the other, but they aren't what I would consider realistic, or likely, in my case at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny I just rented a P-10 C from the range today along with bringing my 4" PPQ M1. Could be my familiarity with the platform or just straight up being a walther fanboy but I much preferred the PPQ, shots were better and felt less flip. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Best is very subjective based on particular shooters needs and what works best for him/her which may boil down to which best interfaces with the shooters hands/fingers. I will say the PPQ has a much longer history especially being based on the P99. A better question would have been "which do you prefer?".

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own a PPQ 5", my buddy owns a P10c. The other day at the range he said that those two are the finest handguns he's ever shot. And between him and his dad, they have a butt load of guns-Glocks, M&Ps, CZs......
Just going to depend on your preference.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Instead of the Navy, which is like comparing apples to oranges, sort of. Why not compare apples to apples, such as a PPQ Tac 4, which is also optics ready, to the P10C?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Instead of the Navy, which is like comparing apples to oranges, sort of. Why not compare apples to apples, such as a PPQ Tac 4, which is also optics ready, to the P10C?
Im not running optics on my p10c Or so its Apples to Apples for me. I like the OR new gen P-10 because it fixes the stiff magazine problems and a few other issues the earlier model had. I guess I should have just said PPQ vs Cz p-10 c

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No sweat. Balance already nailed it.
As much as I like the P-10C OR the PPQ is the best in my opinion. Both are great but the ppq feels like its made for my hands and it just makes me happy lol. Cant go wrong with either though! Even the PPQ Sub Compact and the PPQ 22 are great :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've shot the P10C, and I have quite a few rounds through a standard 4" PPQ.

Given that whatever example of either that you have in your hands is reliable, accurate, and durable, I'd say the answer to the question is whichever one you shoot better with.

As far as scenarios, you're comparing one pistol that was designed to be used in maritime environments, with another pistol that was designed to be used with red dot sights. I can imagine some scenarios where one would be desired over the other, but they aren't what I would consider realistic, or likely, in my case at least.
I have a standard 4" barrel and threaded barrel for my Navy and i see only benefits to having a drain hole and marine cups and for me I believe that the Navy ppq is walthers best offering in the ppq models. I dont run optics on my p-10 c OR. I just prefer it to the older generation because it fixed the stiff magazine and other issues that came with the earlier gen. Thats why I asked about Navy vs p-10c OR because I believe those are the best polymer striker fired guns made.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I posted this question on the Cz forum and Posting it here also for anyone who has both. Which is the better weapon for any and all handgun scenario one might encounter and why? Walther PPQ NAVY or the newest gen CZ P-10 C optics ready? Both with Trijicon HD Night Sights. I have several of both and have my opinions that Ill share later after hearing your thoughts. Thanks ahead of time!

The PPQ is an excellent shooter as well as the CZ P10C. But what beats both of them hands down is the CZ TSO which has a 1.6lb trigger and just an amazing accurate gun. The only thing I do not like about it is it is very pricey and the inside slide has been known to get some rust if not well taken care of. None of my PPQ's ever get taken care of, oiled etc and they do not have rust.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went and shot both again today and the ppq destroys the p-10c OR and its not even close. I went ahead and threw them into water, sand and mud and both powered through with not 1 failure. Glock 19 dies 1st round in mud and sand everytime. Perfection my ace lol. Love the ppq. Thousands of rounds through them and still no failures. My Q SC is flawless as well. Great job walther. Going to sell my cz's and get my PPQ milled for optic and an optic. Anyone here had their Navy milled for optic and running an optic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I jumped on a P10c threaded barrel model because the price was too good to pass up.

Problem is I fondled a Q5 m1 at the local store last week. I had written off the PPQ because I really liked the paddle mag release then they killed it, figured ok that's fine gives me an excuse not to buy one.

Then they brought back the M1 but only in the standard ppq. Well I wanted a threaded barrel and didn't feel like trying to source an aftermarket one since the Navy is only m2. Again told myself ok an excuse not to do it.

Then they brought out the M1 q4 and q5. Well crap.

Now I have to decide if I want to keep the P10c and buy CZ guns or sell the P10c for a Q4 m1. I want to keep the manual of arms the same otherwise I'd keep the p10c

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a P10c (not OR) and a PPQ M2 5”. Both fine guns that can serve you well. Agree with sentiment posted earlier, use what works best for you.

For me and my particular guns, my P10c has a slightly more crisper digger break, while the PPQ has a slightly smoother and lighter trigger break. For my shooting style, the CZ works just a little better for me.

That said, am not getting rid of either. I enjoy both guns

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most likely I'll keep the CZ and just keep it as a range toy. I was considering the 75 line with the factory threaded barrel and the Shadow 2 as an awesome play gun. If I went that route I'd most likely keep those all for range duty.

With the PPQ if I'm getting them I'm getting the paddle mag release models. That gets me the PPQ, Q4 Tac, and Q5 Match. Can also get a P99as and find a paddle mag PPS.

Hell I might even just use the excuse that the CZs fill my all metal/hammer fired guns!

After all you can't have too many, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
CZ or PPQ

I have both and both are milled for optics. They are both fine shooters but I would give the edge to the PPQ.

The CZ fits my hand better and it points in at a different angle than the PPQ. I actually have 2 CZ's. One has the Cajun trigger and the other has an HB industry trigger. They both give me trigger bite. I have over 3000 rounds through the CZ's and Really want to love them, but the nod goes to the PPQ.

I have 3-5000 rounds thru my Q and have installed an Apex trigger. She is the best handgun that I own.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Q5 but sold it since I was looking for something a little more concealable.

I bought the P10-C in hopes of it being my "do everything" pistol. I do believe it can fill that roll.

The only issue I have is that my trigger finger gets sore shooting it. I have tried the CGW, factory and now the HBI trigger.

Though the HBI contributes less to the soreness, it's still there.

My next attempt is going to try to toughen my finger up, like a guitar player does. If that doesn't work, I'll consider a 4" PPQ as long as I don't read one review about trigger finger pain!:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts