Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have been expereincing some wear on my front sight because its plastic.
when i draw it from my triple retention dury holster, it has been wearing the plastic away, so its time for some new METAL sights...
im considering trijicons from Earls....... I bought my gen 1 german made p99 from earl several years ago and he said he will install the sights for free. all i have to do is ship him the slide...

so what is everyones thoughts on this?
are trijicons better than Mepros?

its been a while since ive been on these forums, so is there anything new and better out?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Do you find the squared-off profile of the Meps to be a hinderance for carrying, compared to the Trijicon's more angled-off sides? I've heard the Meps are brighter (and less money), but I'm shopping for sights as well and just cant make up my mind.

thorn

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't have a problem with the squareness of the Meps. As per the brightness, yeah I believe the Meps are brighter. And don't let price be your guide. If this is a duty or carry gun get the best you can. I choose Meps because they were cheaper, that was just a plus. I went with Meps because I thought that they were better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really like the amount of light I get on both sides of the stock front sight...will this be reduced if I go with trijicon or Meps? on my Sigs, I prefer trijicons as the big white rings on the meps just don't work as well for me...now I'm leaning towards a front night sight and a blacked out rear sight...tied that setup and liked it very much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts