Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have a couple of questions. Since the AWB is no more I think it's time to fork over some money on high caps. The most common mag makers I've seen are Mec-Gar(came with my P99), and Pro-Mag. I've seen some other makes as well. Which of the two that I listed is the better all-around magazine? Also, should I get some older mags, where can I get the newer light blue followers for the .40? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (M96er @ Oct. 16 2004,3:28)][SNIP] ...Also, should I get some older mags, where can I get the newer light blue followers for the .40?  Thanks.
Do not get the older full capacity .40 S&W magazines.  You cannot simply swap out the followers to correct the problem.  The new magazine tubes are different from the older ones near the top.  

Regarding the other question, stick with MecGar.  The Pro Mags normally present problems over time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. Have any of you ordered the .40 MEC-GAR 12rd mags from TopGlock? I've emailed them to see if they are the newer version(light blue mag follower), but I doubt I'll get a reply on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The Mec-Gars look much better installed. My only concern would be getting some of the defective .40 cal floorplates. My AD datecoded P99 came with the defective ones, and the replacements they sent were defective too. They finally sent SW99 floorplates that seem to be holding.

Aside from the Promags failing to lock the slide frequently, I've had no problems with them.

I wish I could find an all steel magazine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts