Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I didn't realize when I bought the gun that the back plate doesn't allow the irons to mount to it when you use an optic. I'm pretty disappointed in this as I think it's a huge misstep for the pistol. But dems the breaks.

Thus, what do people do to ensure you have irons for when your optic goes out? Get an optic like a DPP and a tall front post? Try out one of those Shields with the build in back iron?

It doesn't appear that the super small Holosun optic with irons will work on the PPQ as it's supposed to be for super small form factor carry pistols.

Anyone know if the Holosun 507k might work on one of the existing plates?

Does anyone make optic plates that have the notch for irons?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the Leopold Deltapoint Pro has a rear sight machined into the rear of the optic.

It doesn't have a rear sight but it does have a slot to mount one of their accessory rear irons on to. It's not bad, but it does also mean that I have to change out the front post with a 1/2" suppressor style post.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Supposedly Walther will be offering a plate with integrated rear irons that allow co-witness. Last I heard April or later was the release date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
As far as I know, you'll need a suppressor height font sight (likely from Dawson) regardless, and your options for the rear are 1) Delta Point with the add-on sight, 2) wait for the new plates with integrated rear sights to come out, or 3) have a rear sight dovetail milled into the slide forward of the optic.

·
Premium Member
13,808 Posts
This is too easy. Shield RMS has a notch built into the rear of the optic. You can use the factory front sight or upgrade to a front sight from Speed Sights ( https://speedsights.com/ ) The speed sight front sight is wider than your typical front sight and it's extra width fills up the notch in the rear of the Shield RMS with just a little 'air' on either side.

Took a lot of pictures but its impossible 'at least for me' to get a focused picture showing the actual sight picture. I either wind up with the front sight in focus or the rear sight in focus. So, I'll just post two pictures.

This is my helper....he just found his 'first' mud puddle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is too easy. Shield RMS has a notch built into the rear of the optic. You can use the factory front sight or upgrade to a front sight from Speed Sights ( https://speedsights.com/ ) The speed sight front sight is wider than your typical front sight and it's extra width fills up the notch in the rear of the Shield RMS with just a little 'air' on either side.

Took a lot of pictures but its impossible 'at least for me' to get a focused picture showing the actual sight picture. I either wind up with the front sight in focus or the rear sight in focus. So, I'll just post two pictures.

Thanks for this. How is the quality of the optic? I've watched youtube videos and the results are very mixed.

·
Premium Member
13,808 Posts
Thanks for this. How is the quality of the optic? I've watched youtube videos and the results are very mixed.
I have 4, on 4 Q's. So far, I have no complaints. The optic is 'always on' and has automatic 'dot intensity' which adjust almost instantly to the lighting conditions....dimmer in dark places and brighter in the sunlight.

I just recently installed one of my spare Speed Sights 'front sights' on one of the Q's....liked it so much I order 4 more Speed Sight, front sights.

Oh, and I use the Shield 'low mount' plate on all these pistols.....which means if you try to use a Walther plate, the speed sight will probably be too low. So, you'd need the Shield RMS and the Shield 'low mount' plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts