Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my P99 three weeks ago and I am looking to add night sights. Anybody have any opinions on the types I should look at getting?

Thanks,

Shannon

·
Registered
35 Posts
This has come up a few times.  As a matter-of-fact, if you look back far enough, I think I asked this question here as well.  
I am a fan of Meprolight night sights.  I find they give a quick sight picture, and transition well from day to night shooting due to the great white outline around the Tri. viles.  
I have Mepro's on both my P99 and my P239, and I love them.  I have SigLite's on my P226 (basicly remarked Trijicons) and I don't like them as much.  While they both look the same in the dark (brightness and size), the Mepro's are better in any other light.
JMHO, YMMV

Congrats on the P99.  One heck of a fine pistol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip on the Meprolights.

My P99 is a fantastic pistol. I have the .40 caliber (and I am in the minority there, I guess) but it shoots so nicely, I think I literally get more bang for the buck than with the 9mm. I have been using Winchester 165-grain range-grade ammo (from Wal-Mart) and have shot about 200 rounds already. The DA trigger pull is smoothing out some, but not much.

The quality I most like about the P99 is the feel of it in your hand. Not too heavy, grip is excellent. Although the mid-size grip felt fine, I changed to the smaller grip and I feel I have much more control over the recoil. My groupings today seem to agree.

My wife got the S&W 4013 .40 caliber at the same time I got the P99. I have fired both and there is NO comparison. My wife prefers the Smith, though, as it doesn't look as "evil" as the Walther, or so she says

1 - 3 of 3 Posts