Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some extra magazines for Walter's PPK/S, 22lr, made in France pistol 137XXXS. Those with experience with Walther or after market magazines please chime in on the ones you have had good luck with.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Not sure if MecGar .22s are available; if so, go with them. They are OEM for more recent production.
If you can't find something new, Jim Shaffer, 412-672 6830, late afternoon is best. He is not online, but has a gihugo assortment of used mags.

Moon

·
Registered
432 Posts
The French PPK/S uses the same magazines as the original German PP and PPK/S. They are often available on Gun Broker. Earl's appears to be sold out.
Be sitting down when you check the prices.:eek:
I have had good luck only with Walther brand magazines. Many of these were probably produced in France.

AFAIK, MecGar hasn't made any 22 PP magazines for a long time. I have never actually seen one.

I have tried Triple K and the results were not good. Others have had better luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know originals are very pricey. The last ones I bought for a PP, last year were $75 and $90. I too prefer the originals and only had so-so luck with Triple K's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your exactly right Jimbo! I try to pair all mine up with originals if nice ones come along. I generally JUST BITE THE BULLET you might say.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Agreed; aftermarket mags are not an answer, desert. Besides, you won't be storming Omaha beach with it; two mags originally came with the gun, you don't need a bunch more.
Moon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts