Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Walther 2003 P99AS 40 cal. and ask for your experience/guidance as to best locations and prices for me to order some new mags. If you have experienced order problems before please advise that also.I have just two mags that came with the purchase and would like to have a few more. My thanks.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Above post is a good deal and CDNN is the best place after that. They have 12 round Walther like new demo mags blue follower for $19.99. Also SW99 12 rounders, orange followers for $19.99.

New ones S&W marked are $28.99, not much of a bargain, and they have some like new demos marked 16.99.

Call them and see what shape they are in.

www.targetsportsinc.com

James

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I need is P99 40 cal mags.; not the 9 cal. mags and like I say all I found were not for Walther P99's. Thanks tho anyway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If ordering from CDNN, insist on the BLUE follower magazzines. Mine have orange followers, was told today by Smith and Wesson that the orange followers were NOT the proper ones for .40 cal SW-99's. S&W is sending blue followers to fix mine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great question BTW... was buying some P226 mags the other day and wondered where the best place to get Walther Mags was as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm also guessing that the S&W99 mags fit the P99 mags? I PM that guy on AR-15 to double check if it has blue followers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C45P312 has asked about the compatability of a P99 "S&W" 40 cal. mag with a P99 mag. I too hate to order S&W 40 cal mags if they will not fit my P99. I really need a couple more mags for my P99 (German made). Hope we can get some answers on this .

·
Registered
70 Posts
the P99 and SW99 are basically the same gun. Yes, the mags are interchangeable, however if they have black or red/orange followers, do not waste your money, the only .40 mags that are any good have the blue followers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
CDNN's current catalog shows both P-99 w/blue followers AND SW-99 magazines, both in .40 cal. So far all the SW mags I've seen from them have the orange followers, these do not work in my SW-99 .40. Both the Walther brand magazines and S&W's are made by MeC-Gar, the only difference I've seen is the followers. As I posted earlier, S&W has agreed to send to me, free of charge, blue followers for mine. Only time will tell if these "fix" my magazine feeding and slide lock issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So after talking to the guy with S&W99 mags, he said they have red followers. Will these work on my p99?

thanks in advance
-carlo

·
Registered
125 Posts
The S&W orange followers don't, from my experience, even work in a Smith and Wesson pistol. At 20 bucks per copy, you can do as I did, go ahead and buy what you need, then call Smith and Wesson customer service, talk to Jeff. Explain your problem with the incorrect followers, more than likely he'll send blue followers to you, free of charge. I'm waiting for mine to arrive so I can finally get my SW-99 .40 up and running. As I said, both Walther and S&W 99 mags are made by MeC-Gar, tubes are the same so blue followers in the Smith magazines should get you going.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just thought I would let you know that I got an email back from Top Gun Supply and they said that they are planning to add Walther mags to their inventory in the "near future." If the price of their Sig mags is any indicator, they should be an excellent deal. Worth keeping an eye out for at www.topgunsupply.com.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone bought any mags from impactguns.com? They have some SW99 compact magazines for $35.99-$39.99 with free shipping. Are they actually in new condition, or are they also like what Shipwreck got from CDNN?

I have one SW99 compact mag on the way from CDNN. I figure if it isn't new, at least it can be a plinking mag. But I also feel that if they say it is new, it should be, and if it is not, at least it was only $26.98 including shipping.

Any info on impactguns would be appreciated.
Thanks,
MLB78

·
Registered
93 Posts
cool, thanks Jon
No problem. I just hope it comes to fruition.

The guy who owns topgunsupply said that it was actually pretty hard to provide a competitive price on that particular magazine, but that he would continue to look for a good distributer. I told him that a lot of people, myself included, wouldn't mind having to pay a few dollars more per mag over the competition as long as it was a good deal under Walther's direct price and especially if it meant dealing with an honest, quality company like topgun.

(I am sure you would never get "new" p99 mags with rust on them from topgun).

We'll just have to wait to see what kind of price he can offer them at.

·
Registered
693 Posts
the P99 and SW99 are basically the same gun. Yes, the mags are interchangeable, however if they have black or red/orange followers, do not waste your money, the only .40 mags that are any good have the blue followers.
Does that logic apply to the 9mm as well? I was lookin' to pick up some 15s to replace my factory 10s (which also have black followers).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does that logic apply to the 9mm as well? I was lookin' to pick up some 15s to replace my factory 10s (which also have black followers).
No it does not, the 9mm never had the follower problem that the .40 had. Just like the slide stop spring, they had to re-design the spring for the slide stop on the .40, but not on the 9mm. I have 3 factory new 9mm mags with black followers, granted I have not had a chance to get to the range yet(I've had a pretty bad cold these past few days). I will definately try to get to the range within the next few days.

Here's a couple links explaining in more detail the evolution of the mags for the .40...

http://www.lundestudio.com/WaltherP99FAQ/III/9.html
http://www.lundestudio.com/WaltherP99FAQ/III/8.html

1 - 20 of 40 Posts