Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum, new P22 for my wife, in 2020 what light/laser combo do you all recommend will fit and lock on the P22 rail? Apparently this is not as easy as I expected...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
? Apparently this is not as easy as I expected...
Not a big market for laser/light combos for .22s. It's not the first thing I would reach for if something went bump in the night. Streamlight TLR-8 is compact and would probably fit but may cost the same as the P22. Overkill for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its the only home defense weapon my wife is comfortable with and available in California, so yeah, a little restricted but I like the handgun I'd just like to add the functionality of a laser/light combo. Ive since come across a post suggesting with a little filing work on the trigger guard I could use a Viridian CL5, but I was hoping a streamlight would work like the TLR-4? Tough thing is its hard to get into a gun shop these days with Covid, maybe I should just wait...

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
The pistol has a std rail so any number should fit but you will need a compact version. The Q models have more slots than the original version. Yes, it is a compact pistol so there isn't a lot of room in front of the trigger guard. Perhaps Google photos of Walther P22s with lights/lasers and see what you get. There are compact set ups that will fit.

Wear ear and eye protection while practicing...these short barrel pistols are loud. 1917

1 - 4 of 4 Posts