Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install night sights on my P99 and would like to hear your preference for color.  My options would be all green, or green front with red two dot in the rear.  Are the all green sights easier to see, or would the two color combo be better?  The eyes are not what they used to be, so I am looking for the best possible visual display.  Thanks for your opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
green will last the longest,next in line is yellow
so if you don't like green/green go with green/yellow

·
Registered
13 Posts
My shooting friend's Beretta has the red sites on it.  I completely hate them.  They glow marginally at best, but nothing compared to the yellow & green ones I've tried. I would go all green if it were my choice. They seem to be easier to pick up on than a green and yellow combo.

·
Patron
212 Posts
I had green front and yellow rear on a Colt Officer's Model 45 CCW and replaced them after a few months. Yellow sucks also. Too dim. Unfortunately the best for brightness (hence, NIGHT sites) is GREEN and GREEN.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have not seen conclusive evidence that differing the sight color creates any benifit. Furthmore you should focus mostly on your front sight, and changeing colors will make you focus far more closely on your rear sights then you should.

my .02

·
Patron
212 Posts
Actually after having several handguns with tritium including my duty weapon (USP 45) I kinda think nite sights are way overrated. If anything, a nice bright green front and a regular two dot or two bar rear sight might be the perfect ticket.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I completely disagree. When you are shooting at night/self defense at night. Many times you can see your agressior and not your sights. Even with a TLR-1 on my weapon the outline of the sights just takes to damn long.

·
Patron
212 Posts
That's cool........
Whatever works and to each his own and all that........

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed trijicon yellow rear green front and like them.

Anyone have a good process for sighting this in ith the new sites as I am shooting groups low left (it is not trigger pull) consistantly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd like to get green / yellow also. I find green green might get confusing in a high presure situation. From what I've heard only Trijicon makes Green / Yellow.
Where's the best place to buy? I'm from Ontario Canada.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Someone please help!
I tried to order a set of Trijicon sights from the US and I got an e-mail from the company saying they couldn't export to Canada.
Is there a canadian supplier for Trijicon?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
As I am not in Canada I might not be of any big help....
but the first thing you can do is contact Trijicon directly......or you could contact a local gunsmith for info..... or google it....
I don't know the Canadian laws neither... but i know for instance in Germany it is illegal for civis to have nightsights on their guns... and also no flashlights or lasers can be attached to the gun.... so I think you should contact your gunshop first and I am sure they can tell you........

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a set of green TruGlo on my Glock and a set of MePro on my SIG. The TruGlos are green, and I have trouble seeing them during the day, though they are OK at night. The MePros appear white during the day and are quite visible at night also.

However... I'm colorblind, so your experience may vary.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those interested in how a certin color combo might look, check out this site:Sight Color Combos
While those particular sights aren't made for the P99, they will at least give you some idea as to how you might precieve a difference in color between the front and rear sights.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Someone please help!
I tried to order a set of Trijicon sights from the US and I got an e-mail from the company saying they couldn't export to Canada.
Is there a canadian supplier for Trijicon?
Listen to Uncut's advice. Find out if they are legal in Canada. If an when you decide what to do I am sure one of us down here can get you a set and ship them to you...Walther owners stick together.:cool:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
For those interested in how a certin color combo might look, check out this site:Sight Color Combos
While those particular sights aren't made for the P99, they will at least give you some idea as to how you might precieve a difference in color between the front and rear sights.
That is an interesting sight.

After my experience with Big Dot sights on a 1911, however, I would HAVE to try out non traditional sights prior to ever buying any.

·
Registered
471 Posts
After owning and using several different brands of night sights, I've come to the conclusion that I will never spend the money for another set. What I prefer is either the bright white that comes on most sights or better yet take the time to replace the factory paint with phosphorous, the poor mans night sights... Night sights are over rated and the stock sights are underrated. Phosphorous is overlooked...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts