Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum members,I am new to this forum and new to the P 22. Its my first firearm and I am anxiously looking forward to going to the range to try it out. being a newbee I was hoping for some feedback and advice as to what is the best ammo to use for breakin.My gun was manufactured in 2007 and the manual calls for high velocity ammo. Would it be better to break it in with hyper velocity or is this just a moot point as I have heard that all guns are a bit different and what works for one may not work for another. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
340 Posts
Shoot what ever you have. If you don't have any ammo, get the cheap stuff. I always get Federal bulk packs. They are $10.00 for 550 rounds. Most P22s love them. You don't need MiniMags, Stingers, or the other expensive rounds that people will recommend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ammo

From one of my other posts: "I've only had my P22 for a couple of weeks. I bought several types of ammo to try out in it. Remmington Target were good to go! Mini-Max, also good to go! No problems with either.

However, do not use the Remington Viper High Velocity Truncated ammo. It won't work. The truncated noses just kept getting jammed. Stick to the rounded!"

I haven't tried the Federal, but everyone else seems to have luck recently. I like most Remmington ammo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like Reminton ammo also. I have used the Golden Bullet HP Value Pack with no jams. You get 525 round for abvout $13, which works out to less than $1.30 per box. My P22 eats up Mini-Mags, but as posted previously, it works great with less expensive ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it and will try out the ammo that you've had good luck with. I noticied too,that it is quite a bit cheaper than the CCi,so thats a big plus....Thanks again and good shooting

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
For what it's worth, the Blazer 550-round brick of .22 LR from WallyWorld went up $2 in the past two days, due, I'm told, to the cost of lead. The guy behind the counter said, ""If you think that's bad, take a look at sinkers over in the fishing department; they just jumped right through the roof."

·
Registered
340 Posts
My wife had a hot .40 shell burn her right between the twins today. I even checked her shirt to make sure it was cut high enough. We went to a restaurant to eat and a .22 shell fell out of her shirt there. I have never taken a woman shooting and not had a shell fall out of her shirt after leaving the range. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts