Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad I have bought my new P99 .40, and love it!!!!! Sorry to ask this question on this forum but all of you on this site seem to have much valuable knowelge when it comes to firearns.
Q- My father wants to buy either a beretta or tourous and hes not sure which. I have three ranges where I live and they are all saying that the beretta is the caddy and the tourous is the ford, but they are the same gun without the price. The same gun? If the beretta is the caddy then why does the tourous have a better warranty?
My suggestion is buy a P99 Walther and pop tells me he can use mine. I say NOT!!!!
Q- on the right top side in the middle of my fire control assembly there is a little pin hole slight blemish that is inset into the plastic do youall think i can let it go because i dont think nothing rubbs on this part or should i have it replaced aroud 2500 rounds fired and the spot has not moved one way or the other.P99 Walther .40
ps. sorry about spelling
SURFMASTER

·
Registered
27 Posts
RE: Beretta vs. Taurus

Taurus may have a better warranty, but your probably more likely to need it. Taurus makes decent guns, Beretta makes great guns.

http://www.berettaforum.net/

Ask there and you'll get better responses about the difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bruz, i will post pic on saturday please take a look and tell me what u think.Thanks Surfmaster
Sv rider thanks for the forum info

·
Registered
64 Posts
Surfmaster,

IMHO. I have no experience with Taurus' but I've used the Beretta 92FS (M9) extensively and can report that it is a world-class handgun and possesses rock-solid reliability. Although it's not my preferred weapon (P99 and SIGs), remember that Beretta won the contract as our nation's standard service pistol - not Taurus. Also, although the two pistols are both excellent and should perform very well, the same could be said for the P99 and the SW99 - I'd rather have the P99 over the S&W any day of the week if for no other reason but pride of ownership, especially if you are only talking a couple of bucks difference. Berettas can be had at very reasonable prices (not considerably more than the Taurus) but the pride of ownership of carrying one of the finest weapons available that uses top-grade materials from a brand-name with a reputation for quality rivaled by few, I'd happily spend the couple extra bucks for the Beretta.

best regards,
Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for input sig ill tell pops!!!!
still love my p99 .40
SURFMASTER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts