Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few photos of my Beretta Minx out of my Beretta collection. This pistol is chambered in 22 short. I mainly only collect series 81 Beretta's. However, I found this one interesting and added to the collection. The accompanying box is original. Although, not exactly in pristine condition.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
These were neat little guns; after 1968 they were no longer importable and thus thereafter made in the Beretta factory at Accokeek, Md. The quality control there was surprisingly thorough and stringent for such an inexpensive gun. Every part had to be milled or stamped; in those days Mother Beretta in Gardone would not permit investment castings. Every machine operator had his or her own set of gauges, and measured every part produced; in consequence final assembly was easy and uneventful. This was performed at a large table around which 8 or 10 women assemblers were seated, each very efficiently putting all the parts together to build a pistol. The Italian shop foreman busily scurried about, constantly checking on everybody. When a full rack of completed guns had been accumulated, it was wheeled off to a shooting range for test-firing. The backstop consisted of a concrete wall over which a continuous waterfall recirculated. The .22 bullets were fired into this cascade from a range of perhaps 10 feet and were washed into a trough from which they were periodically collected. The range was immaculately kept -- the cleanest factory range I've ever seen.

That was nearly 40 years ago. Beretta has since said goodbye to Maryland and gone South.

M

·
Super Moderator
7,170 Posts
Mike, and others, the .22 Minx was the pistol in my story of breaking balloons from the abandoned railroad bridge, whilst sipping brew.

An amazingly accurate little gun, and a generally reliable runner.
Redcat, had a long barreled version, sadly traded away. Often wondered what purpose either one served in the real world. :D
Moon

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
had a long barreled version, sadly traded away. Often wondered what purpose either one served in the real world.
It took me a while to dig this out. Here's the description from the 1961 Beretta catalog where it's listed as the 950 CC Special :

"It is a wonderful miniature plinking pistol for sport and target use. Incorporating all of the features of the 950 CC plus a longer barrel."

·
Super Moderator
7,170 Posts
Wow, thanks Redcat. That's amazing. I will have to haunt gunshows for another one.
Moon

Reactions: Redcat94
1 - 9 of 9 Posts