Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Would like to find a source for real magazines, not the reworked 84 magazines on GB and armslist.

gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
**ISO P.38 ac42 mag 4848b, PPK mag 285129K/2, Erfurt Luger mag 0253Q**

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would like to find a source for real magazines,
I imagine there will be a real run on the few that seem to be out there. Let me know if you find some.

I predict these pistols will be big sellers and won’t last long.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Certainly the 92S models from Numrich which were about the same price went in <4 hours (300+ units) and were well worth the cost. They the 81s appear to be in the same general shape (or a bit better).

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will be extremely happy if the 81 is even close condition wise to my 92S. BTW the PW Arms import stamp is under the trigger guard and is quite discrete. I don't think any Italian Police guns were over worked so I'm not worried. I should have it in hand early next week and will get some pics up.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Tons of Beretta 81's have a recently imported by PW Arms. Several companies have been selling them at extremely reasonable prices. Most all of them that have been imported so far are the base models. A couple days ago I placed an order for a 81 BB. Will pick it up at the dealer tomorrow. The 81's are top quality smooth shooting pistols. And a 12 round magazine is quite respectable. For those seeking additional magazines, it may be a little problematic in the short term. Only two sources readily had 81 mags available for purchase. A great source of information on the 81 series can be found in the FAQ section in the forum named after the respective brand. The moderator composed a wealth of info.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Picked up my surplus 81 BB yesterday. I would rate the condition as very good. Prior usage of the gun appears quite minimal. For the money, the surplus 81's are a phenomenal value.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Who could even look at the gun with those grips. Where did you get them please?

You almost have to be crazy not to buy at least one of the current release surplus 81s. I was shooting mine yesterday and they are sweet as can be. The improved sights on the BB are the WTG if possible. We have been getting them transferred into the shop like mad. A lifetime pistol for that kind of cash is sweet as can be.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
@Jimbo80 the grips on my Beretta 81 BB came from grips4u. They are French Walnut. I'm quite pleased with how they look and feel on the pistol. The quality is top notch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How long did everyone have to wait for these? My FFL has faxed and emailed in his license 3x each and it’s still saying pending FFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts