Walther Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
All model 81 mags are the same, correct?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
All 81 mags are the same, 12 round .32 ACP.

I ordered a couple of the surplus mags from Classic, and also purchased some of the brand new ones that Beretta used to keep in stock. All work perfectly, as they should.

Reactions: GeoNole94

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Picked up the Beretta today and I am more than pleased with the condition. There are almost no handling marks on the pistol, no holster wear, and the magazine looks unused. I will strip and clean it to check the condition more closely, but I expect no surprises. Photos and (hopefully) a range report are forthcoming. Thanks again for the price drop heads up, Jimbo!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
You will probably find a lot of lint on the interior of the thing. Both of mine had lots of it inside. These things rode around in holsters a lot, and that's about it.

Reactions: Jimbo80

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
I just picked up my second one. This time a 1983 81BB. Compared to the earlier model that I bought this 81BB has von Stavenhagen sights and vertical grooves on the front and back straps. It's in even better condition than my first one. I shot fifty rounds of Remington through it without and problems. The paint on the sights has yellowed so I'm going to strip and repaint them when I have the time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
I've got five magazines for it. Only one has "P.B. CAL 7,65 mm Auto MADE IN ITALY" stamped on the magazine body. The others are blank. Two of them have "CAL.7.65 mm./32 Auto" on the base plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I am very happy with what Gander Mountain shipped, especially at that price. Mine looks like Redcat94's, all the way down to the yellowed white dots that need a touchup. Mine has a lower serial number, so I am guessing perhaps a year older? Other than a little bit of high edge wear, the gun is in great shape, and very clean inside and out, including the very shiny barrel. This one appears to have been barely fired, the grips are in very good condition, and the magazine looks new. :)

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Mine has a lower serial number, so I am guessing perhaps a year older?
On the right side of the trigger guard with all of the proof marks there is a box with the two letter date code. All 81BB's were made between 1982 and 1990. The BerettaForumFAQ section has a very detailed entry on the entire 81 Series.

AI = 1982
AL = 1983

Attachments

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Looks like mine is AL, so 1983 - thanks!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts