Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my new PPS M1 out and got a few failures to fire when using my left hand only. I thought maybe it was my grip, but it turns out, when I apply too much leftward pressure on the trigger shoe when pulling it, it just wont fire. The firing pin/striker will stick out the rear (quite far, compared to my other one) and the trigger is as far back as it will go. With proper trigger work, it fires. But my original AI date code from 08 or 09 does not have this issue.

I uploaded a couple vids to youtube of the issue. So, I assume this will be going back to the mothership, but i wanted to share here first in case anyone knew about it, and so others could check their guns.

https://youtu.be/cwLMyMFw83k
https://youtu.be/W5BGlQ9Rd2I

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
There was a huge thread from 2013 (when your pistol was new, as was mine that had the same issue) that went into detail abut the trigger reset issue and basically, Walther took our guns in, put some new parts in and sent them back, mostly at no charge.

I can't find the thread now as the search in this place sucks a fat ass, but the trigger reset issue encompassed the BD code, AJXXXX serialed PPS pistols, mostly the 9mm, though there was a .40 that was also affected, as I recall.

Mine is AJ3384 if that can be used a "reference" to yours, if yours even IS an AJ prefix, I'd be calling Walther's CS in the AM and asking if they could take a look at it ASAP. Should be a free fix too, as the problem with those was a defective trigger bar.

Let us know, I'm doubtless sure there are people out there that still own un-repaired BD code PPS'.... :(

EDIT: That gun needs to go back to Walther.

1 (479) 242-8500

That is EXACTLY what mine did. Sucs your new gun is broken, but look at the bright side, you already have a known good carry, in addition, since I had mine fixed in '13, not long after I bought it, it's been good to go, any time, anywhere, with any ammo.
Mine had 135 rounds down the pipe when it stopped firing. I reiterate, it was a defective trigger bar, and isn't to mean the rest of the gun is bad. It's still my preferred carry tool.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Reactions: branflake12

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gang for the quick turnaround. I'll get the call placed today.

I had no idea this thing had been sitting on the shelf for 5+ years, though now that i do the "date code math"... yep. No wonder they wanted it gone.

I am actually relieved that its a known issue and that the guns were fixed.

Glad I posted. Feel free to close the thread Searcher, if this has been detailed elsewhere. Video links might be useful for anyone else that finds theirs does this, though.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I also have one with BD date-code and AJ5XXX serial number.

In spite of my best endeavours, I wasn't able to replicate the problem that you describe (and I looked at the videos). It would never have occurred to me to pull the trigger as demonstrated, but I concede that in a stress situation anything can happen and your trigger certainly shouldn't block on you like that.

I'm in Europe and the pistol was bought here, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Definitely a job for Walther's service department. Hope you get sorted out.

Balor

·
Registered
602 Posts
I can't find the thread now as the search in this place sucks a fat ass
Then don't use it! Try Google instead, entering the search phrase followed by “walther forums” (without the quotation marks).

For example, googling the following: PPS BD Code Walther Forums

turned up the thread which you started, in which you also referred, in your first sentence, to to an earlier thread on the same theme.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/31943-bd-date-code-9mm-issues.html

Took all of 30 seconds!

Balor

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called Walther, spoke with Zach and shes headed home.

I would have never noticed it, save for the person i was letting shoot it having no idea how to press a trigger, and also being left handed. It likely would never stop it from functioning if i were the one shooting it properly, but now that I know it CAN, I'd never carry it. Which, as noted, I already have a known carry, and this was to be my "trainer", setup the same as the one i carry but run harder and more often.

Thanks everyone for chiming in, I'll be sure to update the thread with results from Walther!

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I noticed on mine when it acted up that if I pressed the trigger as hard as I could to the left while dry firing and I could make it fire, otherwise it wouldn't do doodly.

The bad thing was, I was much like you, I had friends over and the guy's wife was actually shooting it when it stopped.

Oh well, it's been fixed for going on 5 years now and I carry it everyday, so all is well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back from the mothership. they had it for 2 days, replaced the trigger "parts" and sent it back. I can't make it fail the same way in dry fire. Trigger is much smoother than it was, and maybe smoother than my first M1 with ~3K through it.
Got a couple stickers in the box. All in all, 5 days from when i dropped it off at fedex back to my door, great service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts