Walther Forums banner

baseplate pad question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WxGuy 
#1 ·
Hi all:

My son and I have decided to try out some competitive shooting. Have not decided between USPSA and IDPA, or perhaps both. Will be checking them both out over the next few weeks. I have a Garrett holster on order.

I will be using my PPQ M1 5" and I think I would like to use some baseplate pads/extenders to make reloading more reliable. I am not interested in greater capacity, just easier mag seating. It looks like I can get these from Springer or from Walther. Any reason to go with one or the other or anything else?

Back "in the day" I used to use some rubber pads on the bottom of 1911 mags to also protect them when ejected to the ground, but that does not seem to be the thing anymore.

Thanks for any help

#2 ·
It looks like I can get these from Springer or from Walther. Any reason to go with one or the other or anything else?
Welcome to the forum.

The baseplates and magazine funnels sold on Waltherarms.com are made by Taylor Freelance and only come in blue or black but will have the Walther logo on them.

The ones sold on the Taylor Freelance and Springer Precision websites will be available in more colors but without the Walther logo.

I have the blue Taylor Freelance funnel and baseplates on my Q5 and am happy with them.

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Found these to run in both games:
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/utg...940-matte-blue-aluminum/FC-4717385554627.html

They are IDPA legal only adding the maximum 1.0oz to the pads. Springers will be heavier for IDPA (illegal) and they offer a lightening service to make them legal. For USPSA, either one works well. I bought 6 of the blue UTG Pro items. They are +0.

I do not run the magwell on my SF so I don't know if the UTG product will work with it.

Good luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.