Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who own the Barsto .357sig barrels for their P99's.
How is the reliability and durability so far?
I'm looking to semi-retire my P99 9mm from CCW use, the round count is getting on up there (30k+) and it's going to need a complete overhaul soon.
I am wanting to pick up either another P99 and switch to .357sig caliber, or get a H&K USP Compact LEM in .357sig.
I'd like to stay with the P99 platform, but I'm concerned about the Barsto barrel and how the P99 stands up to fairly high round counts with the .357sig caliber.
I don't trust a pistol until the 2k round mark, and I semi-retire them at around the 30k round mark.
Thanks,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry, I do not have enough rounds thru my Bar-Sto 357SIG barrel to know the long term results.
However I believe that H&K has discontinued making the USP Compact in 357SIG in either the TDA or LEM model.
I had one in TDA which I sold for cash a few months ago.

It was a fine piece but I just did not "need" it.  
I took the cash and turned it into a digital camera so I could illustrate my postings.  

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi General Sherman,

Which exactly is the .357sig barrel that fits the P99? I checked their site and there are more than one that is available for .357sig. I'm thinking of getting one but not really sure which one.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Xtreme,

Bar-Sto does not list the .357SIG caliber barrel for the Walther P99 on their web site.
You must e-mail them or call them to order is on a special order basis. It is custom made when ordered, to the best of my knowledge so there may be some delay. There was a group purchase at a slight discount but I missed out on that.

I can say it is accurate and is a nice powerful caliber.

You merely remove the .40 cal barrel and replace it with the .357SIG barrel, using the same magazines.

In my experience with three Bar-sto barrels they must be custom fitted for the pistol. This requires a gunsmith or return the slide, barrel and maybe the frame to Bar-sto at your expense. This also means that if someone is selling his Bar-sto barrel it may not fit your pistol without modification.

Remember only the .40 caliber P99 may be converted. The opening for the barrel and the slide are too small on the 9MM P99s.

Converting the .40 cal Sig P239 from .40 cal. to .357SIG is a whole lot easier. Just buy the $135 Sig factory .357SIG barrel for the .40 frame and drop it in and use a .357SIG magazine. (In the larger framed Sig p229 the same mags can be used for both .40 and .357SIG, but not in the P239.)

Sorry for the long winded reply but if I can pass on what took me two years to learn, maybe it will help someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts