Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my .40 P99, when the slide is cocked back, the barrel seems adnormally loose. It rattles back and forth and when the slide is closed, with no mag in, it still rattles - but not as much.

Is this common or should I get a walther dealer to look at it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
sajix:

I have a 9mm P99 (black on black) and my barrel also is loose when the slide is locked back. I think this is probably normal for this particular gun as I haven't had any problems when firinng it. I don't notice any rattle when the slide is in its standard forward position.

Have you had any issues when actually firing the gun?

·
Registered
71 Posts
It seems to be perfectly normal for the gun. I have the same kind of rattling in my 9mm, I just called Walther America. These guys are really nice and helpful. A rep said it is perfectly normal and should be so.

Take care,
Val

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yep, that's right, Normal for the P99.
My 9mm was like that day one in the shop when I decided to buy it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It is normal for the barell to rattle when the slide is shut? I can manually move mine with the slide open, but it is tight with the slide closed, and never rattles...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Clarification...
Slight rattling is when "out of battery" (slide open),
NOT, when "in battery" (slide closed).

Others may refer to "out of battery" as "locked back", meaning open.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The barrel should be tighter when the slide is forward but still be able to wiggle a bit. The H&K engineers came up with an ingenious solution when they designed the mark 23. They put a rubber o-ring on the end of the barrel to keep it snug in the slide and frame when the slide is forward.

Levi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts