Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I measure my PPQ M2 .40cal for it's length. I am trying to size this up for a new holster and the holster manufacturer says there are three barrel sizes, 4 inch 4 and a quarter and then the 5 inch?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Stick a thin wooden dowel down the barrel until it hits the breech. Mark the end of the barrel, then measure from the end to the mark.

Or look it up by the SKU of your gun.

4.25 inch barrels are typically made for the Canadian market as they restrict barrel lengths under 105mm (4.1")

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
A PPQ 9mm is 4 inches. The PPQ 40 is longer.....the slide is 1/8" longer than the 9mm version so the barrel is also 1/8" longer than the 9mm version.

The PPQ 45 is 4.25 inches.

Then, there's the 5" models. PPQ 9mm and 40 are both 5".

I'll bet most holsters makers don't know the PPQ 40 is 1/8" longer than the same pistol in 9mm. AND, I'm not aware of a plastic 'mold gun' specifically for the 40. What I did is screw a piece of 1/4" kydex to the front of my PPQ 9mm 'blue gun' then contoured the kydex to match the contours of the slide.

NOW, if you get a holster that's open on the end the 40 will simply stick thru the end of the kydex just a little. I think that's your only choice. Unless I send em' my modified blue gun. :D

Here's a picture. 9mm on the left, 40 on the right. The 40 uses the same frame as the 9mm the slide and barrel are simply 1/8" longer. You just need a holster where the kydex/leather is not formed around the muzzle of the gun....just a straight cut on the front, where the 40 can just stick thru a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts