Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get rid of this discoloring above the serial on this CCP barrel?

·
Registered
628 Posts
How about something like this:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If it is discoloration from heat, which is something I have never seen on a chamber hood like that before, then you might be able to get it removed with brass brillo. I had a pistol scope that had some of the bluing burned from muzzle blast. (Another story for another day... Top Gear Top Tip of the Day, a revolver in 357 Maximum with a barrel of standard 6" length and a pistol scope near the muzzle is asking for trouble... Thank heavens for lifetime warranties with no questions asked.)

Anyways, the glass survived, but the bluing had been singed and left a black burn mark on the bare metal. Brass brillo and a little bit of thin oil plus some elbow grease, I had it back to bare metal with no further damage to the bluing or base metal.

That Gun Brite that PJ mentioned is probably less invasive.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Isn't this the area exposed through the ejection port. If so it might be discoloration or some type of oxidation from handling. If it bothers you don't sand it off with emery paper. Try some of the cleaning product that won't damage the steel should work fine. Even very fine steel wool. Then lightly oil. 1917

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bartender's Friend with some crumpled aluminum foil will get it right off.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts