Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally new here and just got my brand new P99 AS. Is there any formula on how to pick the back strap size? My hands aren’t very big and feel that with the small one I have an easier time release the magazine (on both side) and my index finger extends past the trigger guard when in the safe position.
Any recommendations on what to measure or is it completely personal preference?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Medium straps for me on the 99 and PPQ, and the larger one on the 99c. But whichever feels like you have the most control and are most comfortable to you.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I find it is comfort and control, too. Not only where it puts fingers, but I don't have small hands by any means. But the small strap gives me everything!!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Totally new here and just got my brand new P99 AS. Is there any formula on how to pick the back strap size? My hands aren’t very big and feel that with the small one I have an easier time release the magazine (on both side) and my index finger extends past the trigger guard when in the safe position.
Any recommendations on what to measure or is it completely personal preference?
Well, see how the gun shoots.

I left the default one on my P99 - which is the medium backstrap, if I remember right. Gun shot fine for me, so I didn't mess with it.

But sometimes, if you are shooting to the left or right, changing to a larger or smaller backstrap can fix the issue sometimes.

I have a Beretta APX... I liked the medium backstrap more than the large. But, going from Medium (and the small) to the large backstrap solved the problem of the gun shooting slightly to the left.

If the gun feels nice, and you shoot it fine - then, it's probably fair to say you can leave it "as is."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts