Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Last year I was consolidating calibers and decided to sell my .40 P99c which was a sweet shooter and made me appreciate the design of these guns. I really was interested in trading it for a full sized 9mm P99, but I couldn't find anyone willing to trade so I sold it to a coworker. Priorities changed and I never got a 9mm P99 to replace the .40.

Just recently I sold another gun and with that money walked into Ed's Pawn today and found a SW99 in .45acp. After fondling it for a couple mins and seeing the $350 price tag I asked if there was any wiggle room. When he came back with $300 I snatched it up! I don't have any pictures of it yet, but it's in very good shape with just a little bluing wear on the forward edges of the forward cocking serrations.

I'm totally excited as I love the DA/SA striker fired design & I love .45's!!!

Now to order a couple more mags from CDNN!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey evp99c, we are pretty much neighbors. I acquired my first Walther just over five years ago and at the time I couldn't find a P99 locally to save my life. I now have all of the Walther P99s that I could want (they do tend to show up at Adventure Outdoors) and have also added the SW99 to the line-up. The SW99 .45 is defintely one of my favorite 45 shooters. I find the recoil to be very soft. My only though is that they might have squeezed another round or two of capacity, but it's not that big of a deal.

Enjoy your SW99.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Que, I was actually in Adventure Outdoors earlier in the week and almost bought a Stoeger 8000 (Beretta Cougar clone) for $300, but I'm glad I waited. The fact that the SW99 was only made in .45 for a few years makes it that much more desirable. I do agree with the capacity of it. Adding one more round to make it equal the M&P45 would make it that much better. I do think that it's nicely balanced the way it is. It's surprising how light it is unloaded.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ed's is a great place, but it's not close to the northside at all. It's in Stockbridge. I found myself on that side of town on Friday so I took the extra 20 mins to go there. They do have a pretty decent selection of guns. They get a lot of police trade ins and they usually have good prices on their used selection.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I like Ed's although it is a bit of a drive. A buddy of mine and I drove down hitting a number of shops on the way. There I was at Ed's minding my own business and a wonderful Savage 12 VLP jumped into my arms and came home with me.

I've noticed lately that the used handguns have dried up quite a bit around here. I prefer buying used so that has been a bit frustrating. Adventure Outdoors can be really hit or miss with Walthers. If they have one they will have five, or nothing at all.

As to the SW99 .45, I predict that in years to come there will be a good number of folks kicking themselves for not getting one when they could.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.