Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a P99, sold it to a friend and went out to get a Glock 19. Now, after a year of carrying the Glock I've come to my senses and traded the 19 for another P99. Just got it to the range yesterday and am glad I did it. Civilian carry is so off-and-on that I really wanted the Walter trigger and the ergonomics really are better. Another G19 and G26 will be hitting the market soon because of this decision. Now it is just me, my P99 and my PPK/S.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you traded your G19 for a Walther, you did great! Although there's nothing wrong with having more than one kind of gun (just look at my signature line -- and I have a Steyr and another Ruger on the way!) I will say that if I had to choose between my Walther and my Glock, I'd definitely take the P99!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My P99 is AB date coded with the original trigger which is now called AS. It is 9mm.

Another question for you guys is on night sights. I've search the board and found the suggestions but the pictures are insufficient. I have tru-dot sights now which are ok but sit high and have sharp edges. What I would prefer is something like the Mepro's ok Kimber 1911's. Does such a design exist for the P99?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, the pictures do help. I guess this answers my question - I'm stuck with the shape of the rear sight. When I mentioned mepro's on Kimbers the emphasis was on the shape: low and wide, not the vial manufacturer. Every P99 sight I've seen is high and boxy with sharp edges so I may as well stick with what I have.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Earl's sells a second generation night sight that has the sharp corners knocked off much like the factory rears, but the are pricey! Around $125.00 if I recall correctly...
I'm with you jmoln on the shape of the rear sight...

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're hell bent on your typical 3-dot sights, Meps and Trij are your only options that I know of. I like the Meps because of the white outline that the trijicons lack, but the trijicons are machined smoother.

I've still got the standard sights on mine just because they came dialed in PERFECT and I don't want to screw with a good thing. But if and when I do put night sights on, I'm going with the Express Big Dot night sights (with the std size smaller dot, not the BIG dot :).

Can't remember the company name, but google it and you'll find it...Just Dot the I...so simple...emphasis on front sight...I love it....can't wait to try em out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts