Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm usually not a fan of commemorative 1911 pistols, but being from an Air Force family (my father, me, my eldest daughter and her husband) this one looks just too damned neat:

Auto-Ordnance Offers Custom "Squadron" 1911

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
I'm not sure how excited I can get about 'distressed' pistols (pretty guns are better) but that is kinda neat. No harm in handling/shooting it.

Colt issued a cased set of WWI commeratives (Belleau Wood, Meuse Argonne, etc.) that found no market at a local shop, and were sold for firesale prices. Saw them on Gunbroker lately for beaucoup bucks.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colt issued a cased set of WWI commeratives (Belleau Wood, Meuse Argonne, etc.) that found no market at a local shop, and were sold for firesale prices. Saw them on Gunbroker lately for beaucoup bucks.
Moon

I saw those as well this past week.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
If they were to do a wide-frame/hi-cap 1911, I may be interested.

I still like this better (my only 1911)......

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you possess it, I’d frame it in a display case. Dad was WWII silent service. MM3 & radio. If I had a navy version of that, it’s what I’d do. Too cool.

·
Premium Member
13,802 Posts
Ha....Navy for me....LST-1174....flat bottom, rock 'n' roll....in rough seas, we're talkin' 45° to port and 45° to starboard. On my first trip out of Little Creek, we cleared the jetty and I looked up at the inclinometer and noticed that it was sweeping left and right about 1 degree. :eek: Shortly after passing the Chesapeake bridge, I got sick. After recovering, I guess I developed my 'sea legs'. It was a hoot trying to eat when the ship was rocking....we'd pour a little dab of milk on the table lay a napkin in the milk, then stick the glass to the wet napkin and hook the edge of our metal tray over the lip around the edge of the table. Ahhhhhh, the good ole days.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ha....Navy for me....LST-1174..... Ahhhhhh, the good ole days.
IOF, older brothers were Vietnam-wartime, the crazy one was UD, the other was a Dental Tech in San Diego. I was HM3 during Reagan in Lemoore NAS and my boy just exited after doing his thing with the fleet on the DDG Curtis Wilbur in Yakuska, JN.

We own the seas, Davy Jones owns the rest. Cheers, mate.

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
imaoldfart, the ongoing theme in the history of D-day was relentlessly sick invasion troops, on ships awash with vomit. God bless 'em all; war is hell in a myriad of ways.
A big 'thank you' to all for their service.
Moon

·
Registered
432 Posts
The rivet pattern made me laugh out loud. Maybe my dad (WWII/Korea) would have laughed out loud or maybe he would have shaken his head in disbelief. He didn't much care for guns.

When I was a kid I asked what kind of pistol he carried in the war. He said that at the time he was shot down (WWII), the pilots were no longer being issued handguns in the European theater of operations. In Korea he was issued a 1911. But I bet it didn't have rivets or P40 Warhawk dentures. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts