Walther Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Helena,
Have you done something to thwart apps like LastPass? I use it daily to manage my ever growing complex passwords. Normally, at least it used to, log in automatically for me. Now, I get an error about an incorrect password/user id.

If I manually invoke LastPass inside the login id box, all works as it should.

???

·
Registered
362 Posts
There's nothing a website should be able to do that affects LP functionality. The security implications of that would be...staggering.

There is on small exception that I have noted: Some sites can't handle a copied and pasted password; in those, you have to manually type them in. I do not believe that the case here, since I also use a password manager, and haven't had the problem (I had to log in again with it, just now).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That is what screwed me up, I am always typing in the Password, It took me a week to get by online. I am worried about these new Owners. I was online I was fine, they took everyone off just to give new passwords? crazy.

·
Registered
362 Posts
They didn't take anybody off, they simply forced a password reset. It was more due to a data compromise that occurred a few months before they bought this group of forums. So this was more out of an abundance of caution than anything sinister, as far as I can tell.

As for your issue specifically, I'd say something's wrong with LastPass and/or your browser's configuration.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
No there was nothing wrong with my Computer, I have never Pasted anything. Whenever other sites sent me a Password, I just Typed it in, and when I got online, I put in a new Password. This is the first time I have ever had to deal with that Paste thing. I kept trying to get the Guy to put me online, so I could change it. Never messed with this Copy and Paste before. that it turned out was what kept me off line.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
It's safe to say that there was no ill-intent involved in this password shuffle. Who in their right mind would put themselves through so much aggravation, especially when you are talking about many, many forums to monitor? But it's also safe to say that it went more smoothly for some than for others, so perhaps some lessons have been learned -- on both sides of the fence -- that might just make a similar transition easier the next time down the road. And yeah, with as much online pilfering and nonsense that goes on daily around the world, there's no doubt that the next time will come.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
No there was nothing wrong with my Computer, I have never Pasted anything. Whenever other sites sent me a Password, I just Typed it in, and when I got online, I put in a new Password. This is the first time I have ever had to deal with that Paste thing. I kept trying to get the Guy to put me online, so I could change it. Never messed with this Copy and Paste before. that it turned out was what kept me off line.
I am glad I was able to help you through this mess. Sorry again for all the frustrations. Glad to see you online again :)

Dayle

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello, I am finally back in! I was known as "druryj" previously, but for whatever reason, I had to re-register and I am now "jdrury". It's still the same me, I just got really frustrated up with trying to get help resetting my PW to no avail and just re-registered. I was starting to get withdrawals from no Walther talk!

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Hello, I am finally back in! I was known as "druryj" previously, but for whatever reason, I had to re-register and I am now "jdrury". It's still the same me, I just got really frustrated up with trying to get help resetting my PW to no avail and just re-registered. I was starting to get withdrawals from no Walther talk!
It might be that the email you had on your druryj does not work anymore? I can update your email if you can send me a Pm letting me know what it was and what to change it to. Then we can merge the accounts together.

Lee

·
Registered
964 Posts
Searcher ,axyardbob here went through the change password hoop and logged in got a message that my new password I had just created didn't match my password ! Wouldn't let me login now what ? ayb could you reply to my email not sure I can get back in here( a steaming pile of b.s. emoticon goes here )

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Sorry to hear this, Bob. This has happened a few times. I'll send a note up the food chain. Hang tough. It may take a day or three, but they have been good at getting back and squaring things.

·
Registered
411 Posts
PM sent to admin as requested above.

It's good that those of us with problems are getting help.

Appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
password

I have just gone thru about 10 rejections to log on and now have one of those jibberish temporary passwords that works Ok . Maybe you were trying to tell me to change my password. Now that I have a jibberish workable pw, how do I change it to something in the english language?

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
1. Go to user cp
1a. Left side

2. Settings and options

3. Edit email and password

Save your new password somewhere you can find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now I know why I get a not secure connection when I login, but my simple security is all I need as far as I can see. I tried to post my 1st question and I'm unable to with my existing password. Am I missing something here?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts