Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched all through Facebook and I could not find a PPK Facebook group. I was already a part of a P99 group and a P22 Group, but no PPK group.

So I made one!

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/177170335764103/

It's a group to discuss, ask questions, share experiences, photos, videos, etc. about the beautiful and classic Walther PP, PPK, and PPK/S. Same as we do here just as part of the Facebook ecosystem.

Come and join, post, share photos, etc. Let's get it rolling!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Forums are great, Even Yahoo Groups, I have run a Nikon Yahoo Group for the last 12 years, but Facebook has it's benefits too.

My Facebook version of the Nikon Yahoo Group has more activity than the Yahoo Group with less members. And that is Positive Activity too. There is always one idiot in the group, but he can always be blocked and we continue.

I like this Forum though, I have been working in the Gun Industry for the last 19 years and I'm still learning, this is a great source of information.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More avenues

Ya, nothing against this forum at all, it is great! There's a lot of people using Facebook these days though and no group for the PP series there so I filled a void.

More Walther love the merrier I say.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
One of the best things I've ever done in my life was delete my account from Facebook. It was great when it first came out (when it was for college students only); once they opened it up to the wilds of the world and started their targeted-advertising, data sharing nonsense it was time to go. I'll never take part in anything like that again nor can I stomach 1/3 of my computer screen being dedicated to advertisements.

Plus, I couldn't stand most of the people on there anyway. This is my sole "social media" outlet and the only place I regularly visit/contribute to. This forum is a very rare thing to find on the internet: a place populated by mostly intelligent people. I feel comfortable here on the Walther Forum, like I'm with a bunch of good friends who share common values and a taste for the finer things in life.

-Pilotsteve

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
I have another site that is strictly chess. When they offered facebook on their site I wrote, "I don't believe in facebook" and the letters appeared in red to link a site I guess to facebook.

You can click on the red letters and nothing happens. There were a few chess players who asked my why I don't like facebook and I said I'm not that interested in myself or others to get on site with them. Either Chess or Guns and that's it.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Ya, nothing against this forum at all, it is great! There's a lot of people using Facebook these days though and no group for the PP series there so I filled a void.

More Walther love the merrier I say.
I call that Dilution.

If the Facebook crowd is interested enough to contribute anything beyond blah-blah, they can come here. Otherwise, who wants or needs them?

M

·
Registered
662 Posts
Eeeh I must be the oddball, I spend a lot of time on facebook. I have my profile set to privet and it is how I keep in touch with a lot of people, including some of my family. It is also an amazing resource for Woman's Shooting groups, and it is how I keep in the loop for a number of them.

Reactions: Unbound
1 - 10 of 10 Posts