Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I read their point system document a while back ago. I did the calculation for the PPK and it missed the import requirement by only 1 point (due to the grip being .25 inch too short to fit in the parameters of their requirements).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Foreign-origin rifles have their parts count requirements, but I didn't know that pistols had these weighted factors.

Could someone please explain the rationale for assigning the point values that they did, for the features that they did? Looking at this form/listing, I am absolutely unable to discern any rhyme or reason to this. Was it, like the rifle parts count requirements, designed to somehow protect U.S. manufacturers from foreign competition? Was it a primitive primitive way to enforce so-called "safety" standards for foreign guns? That doesn't make a lot of sense, though, because U.S. manufacturers don't have to have these features, with the exception of selling in California and D.C. I am truly baffled at the arbitrariness of this requirement.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Glad to Walther entering that market and they are upgainst some stiff competition with the SIG SP2022 and SIG P250 being outstanding pistols at that price point. The big winner is the consumer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PPK points vs. PPKS points

I read their point system document a while back ago. I did the calculation for the PPK and it missed the import requirement by only 1 point (due to the grip being .25 inch too short to fit in the parameters of their requirements).
Isn't that why they started making the PPK-S, which has one more round magazine length?
:cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is this form completed and submitted by the importer/manufacturer? Are they published by the ATF or could we do a FOIA request??

Don

·
Registered
621 Posts
The irony of the whole 1968 Gun Control Act is that a handgun manufactured
in the U.S. like a PPK or a TPH is perfectly legal no matter how small in configuration.

Many of the small pistols during that era prior to the 68 law were very well made, like the Browning .25 auto made in Belgium and the small frame pistols from Italian manufactures like Bernadelli, and Beretta etc.

When the U.S. attempted to manufacture .22 lr and .25 acp small frame pistols most were pure junk...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts