Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally my 2nd time at the range with my P99 (or ANY gun) for that matter. Gotta say I am LOVING this pistol. And the trigger imo is wonderful. If you're having troubles w/ the other models I highly recommend the QA model.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Great pics, and good shooting for a beginner.  Keep practicing and at those ranges you should eventually get them goin' thru the same hole at 8 yards
.  I find the Qa very accurate at slow fire also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh btw, a funny note about the session. Guy to the range left of me was shooting at a target 7 feet awway when I was shooting at the 50ft and he missed 8 out of 9 shots on his target (and I think he hit mine a few times
)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yes, it looks so easy to shoot a hand gun on tv or the movies until you really try it (remember Barnaby Jones, he didn't even have to aim his .38 snubby to wing the bad guy)  .  I remember my first handgun was a Glock 17 and I couldn't hit anything.  Then I bought a 1911 style .45 and did better because of the single action helped me to better understand trigger control.  It is not an easy thing to learn.  My method is to just pull the trigger as slowww as you can until the gun surprises you andgoes bang.  Then you gradually speed up the pull with each shot and watch where they are hitting.  I still do this on the first few shots to warm up.  In no time you will really be surprised how accurate a Walther can be.

Also, I worry about who is next to me at the range. Twice my friend next to me has shot the "T" the target hangs from and the whole thing falls to the floor.
Couldn't do that if I tried.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[b said:
Quote[/b] (banddr2 @ Oct. 03 2005,21:06)]Also, I worry about who is next to me at the range. Twice my friend next to me has shot the "T" the target hangs from and the whole thing falls to the floor.
Couldn't do that if I tried.
Sheesh. Yeah I noticed I was aiming lower so as to NOT hit the metal. Now that I'm aiming better though my next time out I'll try and hit the center circle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts