Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I briefly had a P99 QA 9mm, sold it after a few months and only one trip to the range. I didn't take to the QA trigger right off as I am used to 1911s and traditional double action autos. Perhaps with more range time I'd have warmed up to the QA, I don't know.

I have a P22, a great little pistol that got me interested in getting the P99. I like the trigger on the P22. Is this trigger like the one on the AS P99?

I'll be purchasing another gun soon and I've been thinking a lot about another P99. One dealer can only get a QA in black 9mm. I'm checking with another dealer tomorrow. If only the QA is available now, should I try that again, or should I hold out for a AS?

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I can't speak about the P22 - but, the A/S is available again. I had my dealer order me one a couple of months ago. Right now, U can only get them in black. But, they are available and orderable - if he deals with the right distributor...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping all the guys up here in VT don't use the same distributor then! The one I'm looking for would be a black P99 AS in 9mm. Another thing is the QA the first dealer said he could get came with 10 round mags. I thought they all came with 15 rounders now.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
It must be old stock, if it has 10 rounds. Or, its from a state that only allows 10 rounds.

My shop's regular distributor didn't have it, but he made some calls tos ome other places he sometimes deals with... That's how I got it.

I looked at the P22 - it has an external hammer. The P99 does not. But, it is DA/SA - and it has a 3rd setting for a long SA 1st pull if U wish.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have a P22, a great little pistol that got me interested in getting the P99. I like the trigger on the P22. Is this trigger like the one on the AS P99?
Yes. The P22 is like the AS. I first bought a P22 and liked it so well that I got a P99. Now I own three P99's all AS and two P22's.

PS. Hello to everyone from Donetsk, Ukraine.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to a different shop. He had to hunt around to find one, but he did secure a black P99 9mm AS with 15 rd mags. I'm trading in a Sig P226 9mm that I bought two weeks ago for $520. I'm giving him the Sig and $120 for the new Walther. Sounded like a decent deal on a trade. I should have it on Monday. I'm looking forward to testing out the AS trigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts