Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread but just to be fair & not seem to be a "High Jacker" i'll just start a new thread all together. A week ago I went to my dealer to get a P99 Compact AS & was told he could only get the AS in a full size P99. I told him to go a head & go with the full size. Went back today to see if it was in & to look her over & My dealer is now telling me he can only get the P99 in QA only, period. I want a P99 Compact so bad I can taste it so my question is this: Is the QA system bad enough I should forget about getting a P99C all together or should I take the chance  & try one anyway? Any & all help very greatly appreciated. Be safe, Lazyace.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ordered a P99C AS from my local dealer yesterday. He ordered it from Lipseys. I would suggest you try another dealer.

I personally prefer the AS trigger a LOT more than the QA trigger. I do not feel comfortable carrying a weapon cocked - I prefer one in the chamber, decocked, safety off, with the first shot DA and every subsequent shot SA. The AS trigger has a decocker, and you can cock your weapon by racking the slide 1cm (as there is already a round chambered). Interesting concept. The P99C has no manual safety, but I prefer carrying with safety off anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZBoater @ June 24 2006,8:39)]I just ordered a P99C AS from my local dealer yesterday.  He ordered it from Lipseys.  I would suggest you try another dealer.
The guy I'm using now used to be my second choice but since my main dealer I'd been using for years has not been in shop for about a month now, reasons still unknown but if I dare reckon a guess it's probably due to illness, he's became my primary. Not that I don't like him. He's a very decent guy, easy to talk to, very knowledgeable, kinda pricey but not above a little haggling. I told him to keep trying & maybe We'd get lucky. I know a few more dealers but they're a 45 min. to an hour more of a drive away. I don't usually go that much out of my way for a $30-$50 price difference but I may have to in this case if I really want to get what I want. Thanks guys & Be Safe, Lazyace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My quoted "out the door" tax + "the kitchen sink"  price is $657.52. Price is no big deal but getting what I really want is. I'm in no real big hurry as I have a few other good guns to keep me safe. I guess I'll do some more checking @ come the first of the week. Nothing against internet shopping but I believe I'll wait till I've checked my other options & save that one for last. Gunbroker, Gunsamerica & the link you, ZBoater, provided above will be tops on my list if/when I get to that point. Thanks & Be Safe, Lazyace.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting how the avaliability of the P99 is so varied from region to region. My two local gun dealers didn't have any in stock, but they could get their hands on them fairly quickly and easily. In fact, when I ordered mine, they informed me that whoever they got theirs from had 4 P99AS's (full size) in both OD and black.

You can always find some good deals from gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I can't find my previous post anymore.... and with this dialup connection I have right now the pages load too slow for me to keep looking...... however..... my point is.....
have your dealer contact "RSR group"..... they list all the P99's....
if somebody runs across my previous post where I had all the P99 listed with the Walther #'s feel free to repost it here.....

And just to make myself feel better..... I bought 2 P99's in January.... 2004 models... $430 for the 9mm and 470 for the .40S&W out the door....yes they were display guns at my gunstore... but who cares

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think that availability is dealer to dealer. I ask my main dealer for availability on a P99cAS and he came back with "available only in QA" I went to another dealer and it was "no problem." They said that if they had to they would just order it from S&W but they are a bigger outfit and deal with 4 or 5 other suppliers. My P99cAS showed up in 4 days.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The P99c is available. I picked mine up last Tuesday (june 20, 2006). The sku # for the P99c AS is WAP 80002. I spoke to S&W a couple of days ago to see if they plan on bringing more in. The rep. told me they are going to continue importing them. In the past S&W was importing them in very limited quanities. Your best bet is to contact one of the major wholesalers and give the the sku I mentioned, then have the pistol tranfered in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds very encouraging. I'll keep checking around & maybe I'll find what I want. Thanks & Be Safe, Lazyace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts