Walther Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I disagree -- because Walther could very easily have made the trigger move into SA position when the striker is 'cocked'. The fact that Walther didn't ... strongly suggests that AS mode was quite intentional from a design aspect.
I may just not be using my imagination well enough, but I don't see how it could be easily done, being that there is a pivoting trigger that acts as a drop safety, as well as a striker in the slide that does not move with the trigger bar in the frame when the striker is cocked.

The AS mode is not an accidental benefit, it was by design.
I have no proof, but I believe that I was the first to postulate otherwise.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I knew I had heard somebody suggest that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
I agree with Balance and Darkstar.

Whether it was happy accident or not, it would take a more complicated mechanism to prevent AS mode than to include it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks very much for this old topic. It's the first such discussion I've read about the gun.
* Just ordered the AS tonight on Gunbroker ("Buy Now"), my first Walther gun > than the M&P .22. If a necro thread disturbs anybody, life is tough.;)

My carry handguns are mostly the DA/SA Sig P 228, P6 and the CZ 'PCR'.
Age 64, into handguns just three years or so--not kidding here one bit. Trying to catch up, one could say. That's also why I traded my only AR and have four imported AKs.

This first striker handgun might seldom be carried, but I wanted to have a 100% German-produced striker with the only sort of DA function apparently available in Any striker handgun It was to be one of those carried recently by German Landes-, Staats- or any Bundes- etc type Polizei. Spoke with a couple of them in Nuremberg Germany about three weeks ago.

I've not yet handled any 99 AS, but look forward to trying the AS and DA functions.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts