Has anyone purchased pistols from Armslist and had problems?
Their are listings from suspicious sellers posting listings that can only be reached by texting. And have private numbers that will only take voice mail.
How is the best way to protect yourself??
How is this posted in the FAQ's - P5?
Just checked Armslist for the US and found 1 (one) P5 listed:
Very Good Condition, original receipt & paperwork. Buyer pays all FFL fees (photo shows 2 magazines). $1200.00 or trade for gold / silver. Posting from Fullerton (Orange County) California.
Fairly reasonable asking price (check Gunbroker), certainly not a 'true good to be true' offering. Seller has been registered on Armslist for 16 months...
I did a local face-to-face purchase through Armslist (of a PPQ) that went well. The seller was very open and communicated clearly completely, and promptly. I have also seen and reported fraudulent listings on Armslist. Personally, I avoid the following:
1. A transaction that is out-of-state
2. An in-state transaction where the seller in unwilling to do a face-to-face transfer where I can closely inspect the item.
3. Someone who does not respond to a inquiry within 24 hours.
4. Vague responses to specific questions about the weapon.
4. Anytime the price seems too good to be true. I'm looking for a fair transaction. That helps from being seduced by someone fishing for a sucker with a lowball price.
These are just my criteria and some folks might disagree, which is their right.
^^^^^This is one of the responses I received from the dude with the 'too good to be true' P5C. It was almost comical.....I bailed, told him to try fish no. 2.
Sir, FFL receiving from an individual isn't the problem here. this right here is very simple. I don't have an FFL that I work with but I will sure looks for one, pay them 40-50$ (excluding shipping) to handle the transfer, that I can do no problem. I don't need your FFL dealer license, my FFL and yours will sort that out. so you can go ahead and send payment, once it is received. I will get an, and have them contact yours, Simple.