Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member from Tucson but have been a shooter, gun collector and strong supporter of the Second Amendment for years. I am an Army veteran, editor and college educator, and besides shooting, I enjoy hiking and deep-sea fishing.

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Welcome aboard from PA. You live in my favorite place in AZ.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Olsoul, Really, no deep-sea adventures in Arizona? Oh well, Sea of Cortez and Pacific Ocean not that far away.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Carnivore.

I'm north of you in Buckeye.
I lived in south Tucson Near I-19 & Valencia back when that was about as far south as you cold get.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Larry,

Tucson along the IL-19 corridor is rapidly growing with lots of retail stores. I live in the northwest side of Tucson. I recently bought a Walther P1 and joined Walter Forums to get information on that firearm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We used to walk over the overpass on Drexel (which turned to dirt right there) or hit the drainage duct just north of Valencia and head towards the Santa Cruz to shoot our .22 rifles waaaaayy back then. This would have been circa 1970, 71, or early 72.

We'd watch the F4 Phantoms hit afterburner coming out of the Air National Guard base at night. They were training 24 hours a day back then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome aboard from coastal North Carolina. My wife and I lived in Buckeye until she developed chronic dry eye syndrome that encouraged us to move closer to our daughter and her family. We had many friends living in Green Valley and enjoyed that part of the state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts