Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case any one was wondering as well, I found out that -5929 comes with 3 optics mount plates, and -6934 does not. Otherwise identical guns and kits.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just in case any one was wondering as well, I found out that -5929 comes with 3 optics mount plates, and -6934 does not. Otherwise identical guns and kits.
If you bought the one with the plates and don't need the #2 plate for a Trijicon mount, please let me know! I need a plate for my Q5 but have not been able to talk with Walther in AR. Line goes dead.

Doug

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have you tried emailing Walther ? They will give you one for free.
Yes. I spend all Monday trying in vain. That's what started my search on this forum to see if anyone had a spare they'd sell. Finally got Walther on the phone yesterday. I emailed in my particulars along with my invoice and gun's serial number. I also asked about a different plate if ever needed. He said they were around $50, but of course the first one is without charge.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes. I spend all Monday trying in vain. That's what started my search on this forum to see if anyone had a spare they'd sell. Finally got Walther on the phone yesterday. I emailed in my particulars along with my invoice and gun's serial number. I also asked about a different plate if ever needed. He said they were around $50, but of course the first one is without charge.
What a difference a few months makes. I bought my Q5 brand new about 6 months ago for $650. Came with all three plates. A couple months later the cheapest I can find them is $800 and they don’t come with the plates.

·
Registered
159 Posts
"..What a difference a few months makes. .."
Supply and demand, supply and demand......I was lucky to find mine for $726, but I'd seen where a few months ago people were paying what you did. Seems my timing has never been all that good......don't ask me about the stock market!:oops:

·
Registered
138 Posts
"..What a difference a few months makes. .."
Supply and demand, supply and demand......I was lucky to find mine for $726, but I'd seen where a few months ago people were paying what you did. Seems my timing has never been all that good......don't ask me about the stock market!:oops:

Lucky for you right now is actually still a pretty good time to invest if you got the cash. Particularly the energy sector ( gas and oil specifically).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Rona. LOL.
And in all humility, that was my impetus...:rolleyes:

Luckily my wife is an economist and she started noticing signs of an impending adjustment long before the "Rona". I did wait until the last minute and played my cards perfectly day trading a couple specific stocks though. Was able to sell it all around 90 and am currently buying it up again from 75 to 62 ( it's at 63 today).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Luckily my wife is an economist and she started noticing signs of an impending adjustment long before the "Rona". I did wait until the last minute and played my cards perfectly day trading a couple specific stocks though. Was able to sell it all around 90 and am currently buying it up again from 75 to 62 ( it's at 63 today).
Hey, you're talking to a guy who bought CCL at around $60.....I think it's about $13 today! But fortunately most of my picks have not been so poor.:cool:

And with that, I promise no more off topic posts on this thread!:oops:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bass pro shop has the q5 in stock for 639 apparently, the description says It comes with all 3 plates but id call them first. Even without the plates not a bad deal

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
".....Bass pro shop has the q5 in stock for 639 ...."
Did I mention my bad timing?😟

That is a terrific price. Even with our local TN 9.25% sales tax that would have beat what I paid. That is an unreal price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts