Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to books, in which the Walther PP series guns are discussed, there are numerous. In most of them, however, the specific characteristics of the Manurhin branded models are only mentioned in passing, if at all.

On the internet I find some references to books, but they don’t seem to be available in bookshops anymore. Does anyone know of any recommended books that deal specifically with the Manurhin branded models?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I only know of one. It's only available in French but is worth getting as it is well illustrated in color. About a third of it is on the PP/PPK with the rest on their revolvers like the MR 73. At the end of the book is a brief chapter on the rifle projects Manurhin was involved with like the SIG SG 540.

Les Pistolets Manurhin
Pistolets automatiques, revolvers et fusils d'assaut
Jean-Pierre Bastie and Daniel Casanova
Crepin-Leblond, 2015
ISBN 978-2-70-309403-5
16.5cm x 22cm (6 1/2" x 8 5/8") 167 pages

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redcat, thank you very much for pointing that out. Your description of the content sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I forgot to write that French is absolutely no problem for me. I've spent much of my army career in French speaking regions. Even today, after all these years, I'm still much more eloquent in French than in English.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, that's very interesting and good to know. I had some trouble to find the book "Les pistolets Manurhin" because none of the bookshops known to me could resolve the ISBN number. But finally I found it listed in a bookshop in the French spoken part of Switzerland. I ordered it immediately but have no idea about the delivery time. So I have to be patient. Thanks again, Redcat!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cover of the book about the Walther PP and PPK pistols is a little bit anachronistic, because at the time when the pictured Zella-Mehlis PP version was in service use, the shown police cap didn't exist. Even the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, to which the cap belongs, did not yet exist. But it doesn't matter because generally I enjoy the French art de vivre. :cool:

·
Registered
490 Posts
You might already be aware of this, but there is a French-language forum dedicated mainly (but not exclusively) to historic military small-arms.

If you enter “Manurhin” in the search field a total of 34 threads pop up, most of which, of course, don't relate specifically to Walther. However, some contributors to the threads seem quite knowledgeable with regard to Walthers, so the forum could be a useful resource if you have specific Manurhin-related questions:

Balor

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might already be aware of this, but there is a French-language forum dedicated mainly (but not exclusively) to historic military small-arms.
Balor, thank you very much for this advice. In fact, I did not even think about the possibility of a French forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts