Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends. Reading up on here I see there are quite few issues mostly older post about feeding and ftf issues. I'm just wondering if the new ones 2020 still have reliability issues?? Local gun shop just got in a brand new one. Want to buy for my wife. Wonder if she would like the hammer over the striker fire guns. ?? Is $399. A good price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure if this will help but my wife and I are new to shooting. We purchased two PPQs (.45,40) and a PK 380 for her carry. We’ve only shot maybe 200 rounds so far and had once where the spent case wasn’t ejected. (Ammo problem?). It feels like a little less refined compared to the PPQs. The sights were a tad off from the beginning. She loves shooting it because it fits her hand perfectly (too small for me).We just rented a PPS 9mm last weekend for comparison. They are very close size wise. It felt more finished like the PPQs. I liked it better then her PK380 but she didn’t. The grip was too big for her small hands. We paid $375 for it a month ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I own two PK380 and to date I have 1193 rounds through one and 805 rounds through the other. The only times that I've had problems is with reloads that I purchased at a gun show, and the use of an after market captive spring. The gun didn't always return to battery with the captive spring. I have several other 9mm Walthers but carry the pk380 because they carry so easily. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Update on earlier post: After about 300 rounds through my wife’s PK 380 , It has started not returning to battery about 1 in 15 shots. It needs a thorough cleaning again but we need to narrow down what’s going on. She is loosing confidence in it. I’ll post what transpires. I’ve read on captive spring issues but everything is stick in this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts