Walther Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just purchased a Walther PPQ M2 sc with tritium sights and I took it to the range and my shot groups were 3" to the left and 1" too low at 10 yards. I shot my Beretta, and was dead center.
I noticed this was an old thread yet went through it to see the progression of the ppq experience.
Response to your low left shots.
Iagree Walthers sights should start out deadcentered , symmetric to the slide centers on the center line
Check that. If off the center it.
Sand bag test shoot before and after any adjustment.
As this is an sc model you may want to try different backstraps to get a better for you, grip and trigger placement .

Shooting low left for a right handed shooter is frequently a result from placing your trigger finger too close to the tip "too much finger" on the trigger.
combine in pushing the trigger right and upward. This result in pulling shots left and downward .
Why? Because this applis pressure on the trigger off centered at the instant of the trigger break.
The trigger finger moves at an angle relative to the barrel centerline., Not a straight back press. This s pushes the trigger to the right and slightly up. The pistol pivots so the muzzle dips down and left.
This is really common with Glocks , but even 1911s or any handgun will do that too.
Try dry firing with different back straps and trigger finger placement. Untill you get a straight back trigger press and the barrel muzzle remains in-line on target.
Just some tips for consideration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your very fast replies, I wasn't expecting that! :) I realize my question may be very basic.

I wonder if I'm using the wrong terminology and conveying the wrong impression. On the guns I've seen, the rear sight itself is installed in the correct position, with the windage adjustment screw correctly secured in the plunger slot. The problem appears to be that the windage adjustment has either not been set (aligned), and thus the windage is essentially randomly shifted towards the left, or the windage has been intentionally aligned to the left at the factory, implying (to me) that the bore axis is misaligned with the slide (which I have a hard time believing would be true).

If the windage is simply random and unaligned from the factory, I can indeed easily adjust that myself at the range and hopefully it will all line up pretty much centered.

I hope that clarifies my question, and again thank you for taking the time to help.
i actually have the same issue. I can shoot great groups, but they’re all about 3” to the left. I haven’t adjusted windage yet, but I’m hoping it is a simple fix!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts