Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
If you are ever fortunate enough to score a .32, just enjoy it. I've a number of .32s, including a CZ Scorpion. Rim lock has just never been an issue, including in the double stack CZ. Have a care loading the mags properly, and you will be fine.
I've two of the .32 Interarms/Ranger guns; they run just fine, but are increasingly hard to find. The cognoscenti here are really fond of the caliber. The 1917's suggestion of a police turn-in PP is a good one.
Moon

·
Registered
211 Posts
After read he rim-lock story, I tried to introduce it with my PPK...couldn't, using FMJ. There wasn't room in the magazine for the rounds to stagger out of alignment. Also checked on my FN 1910...same story. Snug up to the back and no room in front. Maybe the manufacturers saw the potential for rim lock and designed the magazines to avoid this problem? Way before short bullets. The one time I did get r-l was with HP in an aftermarket magazine.

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
A few modern .32s have adopted shorter magazines for use with shorter hollowpoint ammunition. I had a KelTec .32 which had a full length magazine; with careful loading, never had trouble with rim lock.
The softer sprung locked breech guns don't have the power to drive a rim locked round; the more powerfully sprung blowback guns generally do.
There have been some extended discussions here about different cannelures above the semi-rim; European ammo has a more gradual slope that is more resistant to rim lock.
Moon

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I had a KelTec .32...
I also had a KelTec 32 and was amazed how well it shot for such a light firearm. I sold it a few months back--it was so small and weightless in my hands it felt like a toy. I just ordered a Beretta 81 BB from Rguns. Another Italian police buy-back (or whatever the term is) and I just hope it's in reasonable shape. I'll keep this board informed...well here it is...just received it today (6/30) from RGuns...will take it to the range today and see what I can hit...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also had a KelTec 32 and was amazed how well it shot for such a light firearm. I sold it a few months back--it was so small and weightless in my hands it felt like a toy. I just ordered a Beretta 81 BB from Rguns. Another Italian police buy-back (or whatever the term is) and I just hope it's in reasonable shape. I'll keep this board informed...
I bought a few of the 81s and 81BBs, the 81s seemed to be in okay condition and all of the 81BB’s were pretty close to 95%+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
A question here that's probably already been answered, so if so I apologize...does Walther produce any PPKs in Germany and if they do, are they NOT the long-nosed pistols made in the USA? I don't know if Walther produces PP-guns for the European market.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
On their German website, Walther shows the same PPK and PPK/s being sold here in the USA.

The new, sometimes referred to the "Fort Smith" PPK are in fact a hybrid gun, with part of it being made in the USA and part of it being made in Germany.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
We've had European forum members say the new Fort Smith guns are being advertised and are showing up in Europe.

Once again, it is a hybrid gun. The slides are still being manufactured in Germany.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I wonder if that means Walther-Europe is importing frames from Ft. Smith.
Actually no. It's not only the American made frame that get imported by Carl Walther Germany but the whole American assembled gun. In Ulm, the guns will be inspected, marked, and the best of them will get a price tag of €949 (equals about $1,060).

Furthermore, Carl Walther Germany then exports the guns to other countries in the rest of the world. In Switzerland they'll get a fourth marking which boosts the gun's price to $1,200. ;)

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I tried to rim lock some .32 when I was doing that thread on why .32 won't stack properly in a Walther mag. Couldn't cause any of the brands that I fooling around with to lock. I simply couldn't get the rim of the top round to physically fit behind the one under it. WWB was probably the shortest round I was stacking. Rather than being too short I think the only way this could occur is for the nose of the bottom round to be pressed severely down which might rotate the rear of the rim forward enough so that the rim of the top round could get behind the one under it.

People say they have seen it....so, I believe it. But I couldn't achieve it and it seems the force of the slide would forceable knock the top round over the rim of the one below it. I think I will have another look at this. Pressing the second round down a bit with something like a thin knife blade or screwdriver seems it would easily free the caught round. 1917

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Actually no. It's not only the American made frame that get imported by Carl Walther Germany but the whole American assembled gun. In Ulm, the guns will be inspected, marked, and the best of them will get a price tag of €949 (equals about $1,060).

Furthermore, Carl Walther Germany then exports the guns to other countries in the rest of the world. In Switzerland they'll get a fourth marking which boosts the gun's price to $1,200. ;)
What happens to "not the best" if them?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I couldn't induce rim lock either with a Mec-Gar mag...I was trying with a HP .32 that looks to be the same COAL as the ball ammo. There wasn't room to load one-over. It's a good magazine, BTW, as good as the originals so if I were looking for a working mag, that would be it.

The one I did lock up long ago was not a Mec-Gar. I don't know the maker because I saved the spring and threw the rest of it away.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So here's what I did for a 32 ACP pistol: a Beretta 81BB for $295 from RGuns:

it shoots well and didn't cost me an arm and the better part of a leg...

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yep, with the exception of a few scuff marks on the grips, probably the result of holster wear, I was surprised at what great shape the pistol was in. According to the date code it was made in 1987.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was a Beretta 84 bb in 380 ACP, this gun are Italian Oficial Marine surplus. It, is excelent pistol, Really is small combat pistol, have 13 + 1 round ammo capacite. window open the same Beretta 92 Militare Service Pistol.
The hardwar is aluminun.
I very good police combat pistol. But for me it have only two defective , the barrel is not fixed and the hardware is alumniun, that´s when you us more, the average precission is so a so . any more is fat for cancealed carry.

You now, The Walther PP series, have fixed barrel and all excelent stell, this is eternet pressición and very more thin.for cancealed carry.
The handicup the Walther, less ammo capacity, 7+1 only, This is suficen for civilian defense and is
In the past , I had a Beretta 84 bb in 380 ACP pistol, this gun are Italian Oficial Marine surplus. It, is excelent pisto l, Really is small combat pistol, have 13 + 1 round ammo capacity. Window open the same Beretta 92 Militare Service Pistol, so digests all kind ammunition.
The frame is aluminun
Is very good police combat pistol. But for me it have only two defective for me experience, is not fixed barrel and the frame is alumniun, that´s when you us more, the average precission is so a so . any more is fat for cancealed carry.

You now, The Walther PP series, have fixed barrel and all excelent steel, this is average precission for all life and very more thin.for cancealed carry.
The handicup the Walther, less ammo capacity, 7+1 only, This is suficen for civilian defense
What is your comparative review ?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts