Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P990 that I am quite fond of and love carrying, but I bought it used and thus the extra back straps did not come with it. Does anyone know if the backstraps of the P99's and P990's are interchangeable? and where can i find them for sale?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
IIRC the P990 is just a DAO P99, so the backstraps should be the same. I would imagine that Earl's probably has them, but the price will probably be quite high. I'd just call up the new Walther customer service and see if they can get them for you. If they're anything like P99c mag floorplates, they'll only cost you a few $.

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
I have a P990 that I am quite fond of and love carrying, but I bought it used and thus the extra back straps did not come with it. Does anyone know if the backstraps of the P99's and P990's are interchangeable? and where can i find them for sale?
Yep, takes the same backstraps...see this link http://www.carl-walther.de/public/downloads/manuals/2688468_j_ET_P99_DAO.pdf it's part no. 38. I'd say wait a month or two and call Walther customer service and you should be able to order what you need.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Im the meantime Smith and Wesson still has plenty of random Walther parts. They have had most of what i needed whenever I call. Just ordered a P99 front sight screw last week. Have a part number ready or you won't have much luck. Part numbers can be found in the FAQ P99 page. There is a link to a complete blown up diagram with part numbers and names.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts