Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Holosun HE509T and an adapter plate (on back order) from CHPWS. Does anyone know if I’ll need to order new sights as well? And if so, any recommendations? (PDP 4.5 inch, if needed)

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've seen pictures of the PDP with the Holosun and the rear sight was covered by the optic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just ordered a Holosun HE509T and an adapter plate (on back order) from CHPWS. Does anyone know if I’ll need to order new sights as well? And if so, any recommendations? (PDP 4.5 inch, if needed)
If you want to be able to co-witness the red dot with your iron sights, you will need new sights. I have a 509T installed on the PDP on the C&H Precision plate built for the 509T on the PDP, and this is my experience so far: The 509T base sits higher than the stock sights masking the stock sights, making the purchase of higher sights a necessity to co-witness. I have a rear sight on order from Dawson Precision (.325" height), which I'll install, shoot some groups, do the calculations and then order the right height front sight from Dawson. Call them and talk to them; they will be happy to work with you. Or, you can take your chances and order a set of suppressor-height Glock 17 sights from another vendor on the hope they will do the trick. (BTW, I think the "free" Walther plate for the PDP is a joke. It's cast pot metal and does not begin to hold the 509T solidly in place. A POS if you were to ask me.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have installed Trijicon sights designed for the Glock and they fit the PDP. It was harder than usual to drift them in, but it worked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the 509T and used the Ameriglo 611 sights. They are XL suppressor height and have a very low cowitness. You can see about 3/4 of the top of the front optic when using the irons. I think that is perfect for me.

PDP 509t with Ameriglo 611
Thank you for confirming these work, question POA vs POI do these impart top of front sight or behind the dot? Ameriglo never states how there aim hold is for there sights. POA/POI Hold Pretty much asking are they sight 2 or sight 3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coals, thanks for the image in your post. But i don’t see the Holosun red dot in the image. Am I missing it? Just checking. new to this. And great question Iceman2733.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Coals, thanks for the image in your post. But i don’t see the Holosun red dot in the image. Am I missing it? Just checking. new to this. And great question Iceman2733.
I turned the red dot off in order to get a better picture of the front sight lined up with the back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you want to be able to co-witness the red dot with your iron sights, you will need new sights. I have a 509T installed on the PDP on the C&H Precision plate built for the 509T on the PDP, and this is my experience so far: The 509T base sits higher than the stock sights masking the stock sights, making the purchase of higher sights a necessity to co-witness. I have a rear sight on order from Dawson Precision (.325" height), which I'll install, shoot some groups, do the calculations and then order the right height front sight from Dawson. Call them and talk to them; they will be happy to work with you. Or, you can take your chances and order a set of suppressor-height Glock 17 sights from another vendor on the hope they will do the trick. (BTW, I think the "free" Walther plate for the PDP is a joke. It's cast pot metal and does not begin to hold the 509T solidly in place. A POS if you were to ask me.)
Wanted to ask does your CHPWS 509T plate fit snug? Like front/rear all touching? Asking as my plate is loose and does not touch in the front/rear at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there a specific direction to drift out the rear sight? I don’t want to damage the original rear sight or anything else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
FWIW, I dropped my PDP accidentally on a tile floor while reholstering and luckily (or unluckily) it landed on the polymer rear sight and totally destroyed it. I pried most of the wreckage off with pliers and drifted out the metal reinforced base.

I use an SRO and had already removed the front sight so the loss of the rear sight doesn't matter much to me, but do note that the stock sights are somewhat fragile.

·
Registered
66 Posts
FWIW, I dropped my PDP accidentally on a tile floor while reholstering and luckily (or unluckily) it landed on the polymer rear sight and totally destroyed it. I pried most of the wreckage off with pliers and drifted out the metal reinforced base.

I use an SRO and had already removed the front sight so the loss of the rear sight doesn't matter much to me, but do note that the stock sights are somewhat fragile.
The original sights are the same plastic junk on Glocks. I was glad to replace them with Trijicon HD XR steel sights. The orange disk on the front sight post with the tritium vial in the middle is, in my opinion, as good as having a red dot and the batteries don't wear out (the tritium lasts 12 years, or so they say).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts