Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes! For a normal over the counter purchase.. Unless you buy used, and then you would have to go back a ways...
Take a look here: Walther FAQ

Earl's would be your only hope to my knowledge. You'll pay for it though, but it might be worth it if you really don't want the S&W stamp...

·
Registered
471 Posts
The 04 model is my personal favorite, and I'm with you on what is stamped on the slide as to the importer ShipWreck. The older ones with a different stamp are kind of neat as in "braggin rights" I suppose, if you can find one.

But the don't shoot any straighter!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent Earl's an email on Friday and he responded on Saturday...Great service !! I asked about the S&W logo plus a P99 OD "AS" in .40cal...Here's what he said....

Dear Sir,
None of our pistols have S&W on them!!! Nor will they ever!! Sorry but we do not have that configuration. We have other 40's in stock as you can see on our website or give us a call.
Sincerely, Earl

Earl J. Sheehan Jr.
Earl's Repair Service, Inc.
www.carlwalther.com
www.korthusa.com
437R Chandler St.
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Tel: (978)-851-2656
Fax: (978)-851-9462
[email protected]
[email protected]
All orders are subject to a $25.00 min.
All orders are subject to a 15% return fee

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It is not a "logo" it is an import mark. And I think S&W has gone out of their way to make it as unobtrusive as possible. It is just punched into the slide, not highlighted and not large.

If you think it is worth almost $300 more to get a P99 without a S&W import mark (Earl's marks his too, just less obtrusively under the edge of the slide) - go for it.

Otherwise, get what you want and don't worry about the import mark

James

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I heard a while back that Earl only sells black P99s - that might be why he doesn't have the OD one that you wanted....

·
Registered
63 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (extremist @ June 11 2006,2:45)]It is not a "logo" it is an import mark.  And I think S&W has gone out of their way to make it as unobtrusive as possible.  It is just punched into the slide, not highlighted and not large.  

If you think it is worth almost $300 more to get a P99 without a S&W import mark (Earl's marks his too, just less obtrusively under the edge of the slide) - go for it.

James
I completely agree. Earl's seems like a great place, but I simply can't see a justification of spending $700 on a P99 when they can be had for much much less, with only a little stamp on the slide.

I'd love it if my P99 didn't have the import mark, but it's definitely something I don't mind. The gun is amazing as is

·
Registered
525 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (holycrikey @ June 11 2006,9:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (extremist @ June 11 2006,2:45)]It is not a "logo" it is an import mark.  And I think S&W has gone out of their way to make it as unobtrusive as possible.  It is just punched into the slide, not highlighted and not large.  

James
I completely agree. Earl's seems like a great place, but I simply can't see a justification of spending $700 on a P99 when they can be had for much much less, with only a little stamp on the slide.

I'd love it if my P99 didn't have the import mark, but it's definitely something I don't mind. The gun is amazing as is
Man if they were only $700 maybe since the AS is still a pain to find, but he charges $800, $30 shipping, then another $25 for a local transfer....as much as I love my P99 I wouldn't pay $850 for one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soybomb @ June 11 2006,10:12)]Man if they were only $700 maybe since the AS is still a pain to find, but he charges $800, $30 shipping, then another $25 for a local transfer....as much as I love my P99 I wouldn't pay $850 for one.
Agreed. I paid $595 for mine, and I still feel like that was steep. I can't imagine dropping $800+ for a P99

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of one imported by Earl's? I'd like to see his "less obtrusive" importer marking.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Actually it is marked on the barrell at the ejection port.  It is lightly stamped. Pic makes it appear bold but in reality it is hard to see and photo.  Sorry about the lint.  It is my carry gun and I forgot to blow it off.   He does sell the miltary version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts