Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new CCP-M2 and love the ergos, and it appears as well made as the reviews claim. The trigger on mine is the worst of any gun I've fired and I've fired many in my 82 years, including several striker-fired pistols.

Maybe I expected too much, but the trigger moves rearward in 3 stages: an easy take up of 3/8", followed by another 1/8" of of stiff take up and (Finally) another 1/8" of even stiffer take up and then Bang!.

Will firing a few boxes relieve this? I rather doubt it but will accept advice of experienced CCP users. I don't want to return the pistol as Walther allows in the first 30 days, but I'd like to send it back for their inspection. It's a perfect size for concealed carry and I'm going to keep it, but if there's a happy ending re the trigger, I'd be relieved.
Thanks, Ralph

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe we all had the same experiences. Once cured there will always be that long travel but you can make it a smooth travel. Go on youtube and punch in walther ccp butter smooth trigger and do what this shooter did, and as I did as it works. Don't forget that CCP stands for Concealed Carry Pistol. The CCP is not a firearm to enter in a target shoot out but to carry. Carry firearms can not have a touchy trigger as I am sure you are aware of. The CCP feels good, great to carry and can get the job done. The reassemble is a bit of a pain but so are some of the others. Watch youtube on proper disassemble and don"t do what I did as parts will come out flying!

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Most emphatically, NO!

Because consistency is the hallmark of high-quality manufacture, you may rest assured that some CCP triggers are even worse than yours.

M
This is funny as heck and so true. The problem is not so much long or heavy as it is inconsistent and gritty.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
This is funny as heck and so true. The problem is not so much long or heavy as it is inconsistent and gritty.

CCP grit definition: More like the scene in "The Pink Panther" when Clouseau drops the bottle of pills on the bathroom floor and then walking across the floor with that loud crunching sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most emphatically, NO!

Because consistency is the hallmark of high-quality manufacture, you may rest assured that some CCP triggers are even worse than yours.

M
Oh, good (I think). I feel better already!

Ralph

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my CCP M2 for almost a year and have put around 1,000 rounds through it. It wasn't getting any better.
I watched a how-to video so I would know what to expect, then I completely disassembled the pistol. I sanded every single part with 2000 grit sandpaper then polished everything with my Dremel & polishing wheel. I sanded and polished the striker and striker channel in the slide. I even sanded the little red plastic indicator that sticks out the back of the slide because I noticed it tended to rub on the side of the hole it protrudes through.
Basically, I put in a full afternoon & evening worth of work, but it is now smooth as can be with a 4lb 4oz trigger pull. There does feel to be a soft wall just at the break, not necessarily "crisp", but now it's better than many others striker pistols I've fired.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my CCP M2 for almost a year and have put around 1,000 rounds through it. It wasn't getting any better.
I watched a how-to video so I would know what to expect, then I completely disassembled the pistol. I sanded every single part with 2000 grit sandpaper then polished everything with my Dremel & polishing wheel. I sanded and polished the striker and striker channel in the slide. I even sanded the little red plastic indicator that sticks out the back of the slide because I noticed it tended to rub on the side of the hole it protrudes through.
Basically, I put in a full afternoon & evening worth of work, but it is now smooth as can be with a 4lb 4oz trigger pull. There does feel to be a soft wall just at the break, not necessarily "crisp", but now it's better than many others striker pistols I've fired.

I'm planning to do the same thing but with Flitz instead of sandpaper. I find that Flitz takes a bit longer but the results are the same without the risk of accidentally removing enough material to screw something up. Can you link a good video that shows the complete disassembly and reassembly of the lower?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the video on YouTube, can't remember which one it was. Just used it to actually see it come apart so I wouldn't have any surprise springs flying off into the unknown. If you have the M2 version, you will need to keep a finger ready on the right rear side as you pull the block up and out. There is a spring for the takedown lever that is held in place by the frame wall. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Only 3 roll pins holding everything in and just a couple more small ones holding in the sear levers and ejector.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It should be pretty straightforward then. I'll spend some time this weekend digging through You Tube to find a good set of vids.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got a new CCP-M2 and love the ergos, and it appears as well made as the reviews claim. The trigger on mine is the worst of any gun I've fired and I've fired many in my 82 years, including several striker-fired pistols.

Maybe I expected too much, but the trigger moves rearward in 3 stages: an easy take up of 3/8", followed by another 1/8" of of stiff take up and (Finally) another 1/8" of even stiffer take up and then Bang!.

Will firing a few boxes relieve this? I rather doubt it but will accept advice of experienced CCP users. I don't want to return the pistol as Walther allows in the first 30 days, but I'd like to send it back for their inspection. It's a perfect size for concealed carry and I'm going to keep it, but if there's a happy ending re the trigger, I'd be relieved.
Thanks, Ralph
Ralph: Yes there is likely a happy ending. When I got mine it was clearly the worst trigger I have ever experienced. For five weeks I have been pulling the trigger and stopping prior to release of the striker. Over that time of 50 pulls each day the trigger has markedly improved. The thing shoots well and the poorly designed slide is fairly easy to rack. I found it so far it is a reliable shooter, but heats up during firing so I haven’t fired that many rounds. It will require more testing. I have not invested in a holster or extra magazines because I am not sure I will keep it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts