Walther Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
+4 on the Geissele 2-stage. My SIG M400 milspec trigger was total crap, like 80 grit sandpaper and a 10# pull. The Geissele is sublime.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
11 Posts
I heard someone say that you should measure the trigger pull about a 1/4 from the bottom of the trigger. Not sure if there's a standard for that, but it's what he said.

·
Super Moderator
7,281 Posts
Another vote for Geissele, specifically the SSA. It is indeed two stage; it is light enough to be easy to shoot, but heavy enough for defensive use...
The only bad thing about Geisseles is the price, and once you have one, all your other AR triggers feel like absolute crap.
Moon

Reactions: XRing and Jimmo952

·
Super Moderator
3,880 Posts
Another vote for Geissele, specifically the SSA. It is indeed two stage; it is light enough to be easy to shoot, but heavy enough for defensive use...
The only bad thing about Geisseles is the price, and once you have one, all your other AR triggers feel like absolute crap.
Moon,
I have a SSA in one of my AR's, and (IMHO) it's just 'ok' compared to my Timney and TriggerTech triggers. I consider the SSA to be on par with a CMC trigger I have.

My 2-stage TriggerTech has minimal take-up as well as a good range of adjustability ... with a clean, crisp break. I like it the best out of all of my AR triggers. It's the new kid on the block, of course, but it weighs in around the SSA's price point ... or did before all this COVID-19, BLM, and election year panic buying drove supply into the dirt and prices through the roof.

·
Super Moderator
7,281 Posts
For good or ill, to determine what trigger you like best may require actually buying/trying it. I started with an SSA in one rifle, and that made all the other, OEM, ones feel even worse.
Triggers are kinda like holsters; you have to try it...but holsters at least are cheaper.
Moon

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Or find a friend who has one and try theirs. Also, lots of dealers have samples set up on the counter. Place here has one ore two 700 actions with various triggers installed and some of them are just great, others, scary how light the sear engagement is.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts